Chapter 10

Colora is shocked that he heard her conversation with Thor. As Dellinger walks towards Colora, she looks away from him. "Colora, what's going on?" he asked. Colora looks back up at him, and sighs. She quickly looks from side to side but pulls Dellinger to the side. "Alright, I'll tell you," Colora whispered. "But you must promise not to tell anyone — not even Harisa."

Later on in the dungeon, prisoners are being taken to the dungeon. Loki oversees who is coming in and is intrigued. "Odin continues to bring me, new friends," he says out loud. "How thoughtful."

"The books I sent, do they not interest you?" asks Frigga. Loki turns around and faces her. He walks towards a chair and replies, "Is that how I am to while away eternity, reading?"

"I've done everything in my power to make you comfortable Loki," she implied.

"Have you?" Loki questions her as leans on the chair. "Does Odin share your concern?" Frigga gives him a look. "Does Thor? It must so inconvenient of them asking me after day and night."

"You know full well it was your actions that brought you here," says Frigga.

"My actions," said Loki as he makes a hand gesture and walks away from the chair. "I was merely given truth to the lie I've been fed to my entire life. That I was born to be a King."

"A king?" raised Frigga. Loki makes a sharp turn to face her. "A true King admits his faults. What of the lives you took on Earth?"

"Only a mere handful compared to the number that Odin has taken himself," he replied. He then walks away again as he is getting upset by hearing Odin's name. Frigga sighs, "Your father -"

"HE'S NOT MY FATHER!" Loki interrupted and yelled as he turns to face her. They stare at each other. "Then am I not your mother?" Frigga asks softly.

Loki calms down, sighs then replied, "You're not."

Frigga has tears in her eyes and smiles. She takes a few steps forward to Loki and says, "Always so, perceptive. About everyone but yourself." Loki is upset about what he said to her. He didn't want to admit that she isn't his mother because she has treated him as her son. But his anger got the best of him. As he walks a few steps towards her and tries to take her hands, Frigga, however, gradually disappears. Loki remembering that she was only here by magic. He looks down and is upset about everything that he just said to her.

At the same time, Dellinger and Colora are talking in her chambers. She explains everything that Loki had said to her. Except for what she and Loki did throughout the night.

"Wait, so you're telling me that Loki did all of this just to survive?" he asks.

"Yes," Colora replied. "Loki knows that the person that he works for is looking the Tesseract and so Loki decided that to survive he proposed a deal. He would find the Tesseract in for this Titan in exchange to let him live and protect me. I tried asking him who he was working for and what the purpose was. But he wouldn't tell me." Dellinger is concerned and confused about Colora's ending statement. "I know he wants to protect me, but he's afraid and wants to protect me."

"Protect you from what?" he asks.

"Not what. From who?" she replied.

A few minutes later in the dungeon, Loki is bored and tries to entertain himself by flipping an object in his hand, however, at the same time he's thinking about Colora. At the same time, a prisoner takes out a device, turns it on, and it changes him into a monster. The prisoners in that cell are scared and are screaming for help. Loki stops and gets up to see what's happening. The beast uses a prisoner to get out of the cell. Two guards intervene but die at his hand. The creature breaks another prison cell to let others free. The beast walks towards Loki's cell and determines whether or not to set him free. Loki stares at him; the creature, however, decides not to let him out. As the beast is roaming out of prison to escape, Loki aids him by suggesting, "You might want to take the stairs to the left." The creature turns around, looks at Loki, and then leaves. The prison sounds an alarm.