Chapter 13

An hour later, Colora and Dellinger are cruising. Dellinger walks to Colora and suggests kindly, "Princess, why don't you let me take over for a while?"

"Sure," Colora says as she gives the steering to Dellinger. she walks to the front of the ship to think.

Dellinger pauses for a moment, then asks, "Colora, can I ask you something?" Colora turns to him. "Loki has betrayed his family and you, yet you still trust him. How can you even trust him? Why do you love him?"

Colora pauses for a moment, then answers him. "I sometimes ask myself the same questions; however, I feel like I can't let go of him. Yes, he has betrayed his family and hurt me, but I know he's also in pain because people have lied to him repeatedly. He also felt alone when we were children; even when I didn't come back to Asgard until two years ago, he felt alone. When I returned, he didn't feel alone anymore. I understand his pain and know what it is like to be betrayed. Loki was not born evil. He chose the path to do the wrong thing because of his misery." Dellinger is a little confused but understands. "The reason why I love him is that I can tell him anything without being judged. He's my best friend. He has always been there for me when I needed him, and I've always known he was the one for me. I know it doesn't make sense."

"It's alright. I have an idea why and I understand. True love comes in all shapes and sizes. In this case, the love you and Loki share is unique."

Colora smiles and turns around. Suddenly she starts to feel strange, which makes her eyes turn pink. She sees Thor, Jane, and Loki cruising down a path. Loki is steering while Thor attends to Jane.

Loki sighs, then says, "What I could do with the power that flows through those veins."

Thor sits down and says, "It would consume you."

"She's holding up. For now."

"She's stronger in ways you've never even known."

"Say goodbye."

"Not this day," Thor says after pausing for a moment, knowing that is not what he wants to do.

Loki snaps and says, "Not this day, the next, a hundred years, it's nothing." He stands up and stares at Thor. "It's a heartbeat. You'll never be ready. The only woman whose love you prized will be snatched from you."

"And will that satisfy you?"

"Satisfaction is not in my nature."

"Surrender is not in mine."

They stare at each other for a moment. Loki then says sarcastically, "Son of Odin."

Thor stands up and shouts, "No, not just of Odin." Thor walks towards Loki. "You think alone were loved of mother. You may have had her tricks, but I had her trust."

"Trust. Was that her last expression? Trust! We let her die!"

"What help were you in her cell?"

"Who put me there? WHO PUT ME THERE?!"

"You know damn well!" Snaps thor as he grabs Loki, slams him against the ship's side, and puts his fist up. "YOU KNOW DAMN WELL WHO!" Thor is tempted to punch Loki but puts his fist down. "She wouldn't want us to fight."

"Well, she wouldn't exactly be shocked," Loki gestured as he gave Thor a slight smile, as does Thor.

"I wish I could trust you," Thor implied. Thor turns and walks away to the front.

Loki takes a few steps and whispers to himself, "Trust my rage." At that moment, Thor suddenly thinks about Colora and remembers the night Colora returned to Asgard and how Loki and her instantly connected. Loki notices his brother staring at him, and it makes him feel uncomfortable. "What are you looking at?"