Chapter 11

Later that night after the funeral, Colora heads to the dungeon to see Loki but is stopped by a royal guard. "I need to speak to Loki," said Colora.

"I'm sorry, Princess," said the Guard.

"Please, I need to see him."

"No."

"I just want to talk to him," Colora pleaded with the Guard once more.

"No one is allowed to see the prisoner. Even you," shouts the Guard.

"Let the Princess see him," Thor commanded as he approaches them from behind. Colora turns and sees Thor; realizing that he had followed her to the dungeon. The Guard walks towards Prince Thor and says, "But your highness-"

"As your future King, I order you to let Princess Colora see Loki as long as she wants tonight," Thor interrupted him.

"Yes, your highness," the Guard replied. He bows and leaves Colora and Thor to wait by the doors. Colora is confused, relieved, but grateful that Thor is letting her talk to Loki. She walks towards him and mutters, "Thor, why?"

"Because he needs you," he replied. "Now, more than ever." They look at each other, then Colora leans in and hugs him; feeling grateful that he is giving her the chance to talk to Loki. "Thank you," she whispered in his ear and shed a single tear of gratitude.

The Guard comes back and announces to Colora, "You may see him now." Thor lets go of Colora and nods to her; gesturing to her that everything will be ok. She smiles, then walks inside.

A few minutes later, Colora reaches and enters Loki's cell. Once inside, she sees the damage that he had created. Broken furniture, glass, everything was shredded. Realizing that Frigga's death utterly broke his heart. Colora looks around the room to then see Loki is standing in the corner of the room. With blood on the bottom of his feet. She feels remorseful and horrible for what and how Loki is enduring.

"Loki," Colora sighs.

Loki hears her voice and slowly turns around and replies in a raspy voice. "Hello, Colora."

Colora walks around to get a better view of Loki. As she does this, Loki gazes and notices the style and color of her dress. Admiring that she dressed appropriately for his mother's funeral that he was not to attend. "I'm assuming you went to her funeral."

"Of course, I did," Colora replied. "Your mother meant so much to me, and she has helped me with so much ever since I returned to Asgard."

They look at each other until Loki looks away from her. Colora turns and puts a magic spell on the guards and prisoners to have them see an illusion, while she goes inside his cell. "Loki, I'm sorry about Frigga. Truly I am. She did everything she could to protect -"

"The mortal?" he interrupted.

Colora bit the inside of her lips and replied, "Yes."

Loki turns away from her and says, "Should have known mother would have done anything to protect Thor's precious mortal."

Colora looks down; admitting that Loki is right, but she knows that Frigga would have done that regardless. "Yes, but you know she would do that for anyone."

"Colora, if you're here to ask me more questions, then leave. I'm in no mood to talk about that," he interrupted.

Colora walks to him and says, "Loki, that's not why I came here." She then touches his arm. Loki turns his head and looks at her. He sees the look of concern and sincerity in her eyes. "You're in pain, and you need at least someone to talk to." She turns and stands in front to face him. "Loki, I wish things were different and that none of this would have happened, but it did." Colora tries to hug him; however, Loki turns his head and walks away from her when she tries to hug him.