𝟎𝟒. 𝗞𝗜𝗥𝗔

The storm continued to rage outside as Robin and Nancy sat hand in hand in the living room of the Byers' house.

Nancy's gaze remained fixed on Robin's in the calm intensity of the moment.

Robin spoke, her voice a gentle whisper, "I really like you."

"I figured," Nancy responded, smiling stupidly. She laughed lightly, "I like you, too."

Robin's heart skipped as she looked into Nancy's deep blue eyes. She kissed her softly once more, and it was electric. It was as if they dissolved into each other, their fingers locked together between them.

The room seemed to exhale as they parted, a warmth settling over them like a blanket.

Meanwhile, Eleven sat beside a sleeping Max in the room they shared, her mind awash with the echoes of the experiment, a chill lingering in her spine. A sudden instinct told her she had something important to do.

She pressed a light kiss to Max's forehead, crossed the room, and grabbed the blindfold from a drawer in her dresser.

She went to the bathroom, closed the door softly, and clicked the lock.

Back in the Byers' house, with a newfound light in their hearts, Robin and Nancy turned their attention back to The Party and started to form a plan.

The rain turned to a drizzle as they worked by lamplight, going over theories as they developed.

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

"What are you doing?" Joyce's voice came from the corner of the room.

Robin woke with a start, her head leaned against Nancy's. They'd fallen asleep.

"Uhhhh-" Robin droned, half awake. What were they doing?

"Sorry, Mrs Byers," Nancy spoke calmly with a smile, "Is Will in? We wanted to run something by him."

"Yeah," she said, casting a suspicious glance across the two girls, "Let me go get him."

She called up the stairs for Will, who came down about a minute later with dishevelled hair and sleep heavy in his eyes.

"I'll make you three breakfast," she said, walking back out the door toward the kitchen.

"Mum, can we have the rest of The Party over? Eddie wanted to teach Steve Dungeons and Dragons," Will said to his mother with a groggy smile.

"Sure, baby," she said, smiling back at him.

"Awesome," Will replied, coming to sit on the sofa.

Will pulled out his phone and pulled up The Party's group chat. Robin and Nancy's phone dinged a short while later.

Meet at my house? Time to bust this thing open.

Replies started flooding in, and soon, Eggos and sausage were spread across the table as everyone began to file in the front door.

"Did you sleep here?" Mike asked Nancy as he noted her tousled hair and sleepy face.

"What's it look like, Mike?" Max asked from the sofa as she bit into an Eggo. Eleven snickered next to her.

Mike raised his hands in surrender. He wouldn't admit it, but Max scared him a bit. She could kick his ass, and he knew it.

Steve glanced at Robin, who had her chin in her hand as she nodded off over her plate of her half-eaten Eggo.