─𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

rescue missions

──────

⋆*°•✦✧⊹⋆ Haymitch found Katniss and Freya in a vent

⋆*°•✦✧⊹⋆ Haymitch found Katniss and Freya in a vent. Both of them were sitting in silence, both of them wallowing.

"So this is the end? I suppose you're just gonna hide down here forever?" He spoke up.

"I can't be The Mockingjay," Katniss told him sadly.

"Not The Mockingjay. Just Katniss," he paused and took a deep breath. "You know, you're the only real friends I have down here. I don't suppose they gave you any kind of medication?"

"You're unbelievable," Freya rolled her eyes.

"Okay, but I meant what I said. Look, the reason I'm here is to let you know they're rescuing them."

Both of the girls sat up straighter, now giving Haymitch their full attention.

"The dam went down in District 5, took out most of the power to the Capitol. Knocked out their signal defence. Beetee's inside their system now, wreaking all kinds of havoc. A window is open to us."

"How much longer?" Freya asked anxiously.

"I don't know. I guess until the Capitol can get the power back on."

"And President Coin?"

"You know, I can never fully support that woman in light of the prohibition they have going on around this place, but Plutarch got word that Peeta and the others are in the Tribute Centre. And with the power out, Coin sees this as an opportunity. She knows that Peeta is the Capitol's weapon. The same way you're ours. And as opposed to having you two pointing at each other, she's going to get him."

"I have to go help," Katniss moved to go, along with Freya, but Haymitch slowed them sat them back down.

"Hey, hey, whoa, kiddo. Wait. Come on. What, are you just gonna jump out of the vent and go storm the Capitol? Besides, it's already under way. Seven soldiers went in. Volunteer only. And guess who were the first two brave souls to sign up?

"Gale and Reese," Katniss said with a smile.

"We're getting them back, Katniss," Freya said as they began to crawl out of the vent. "We're really getting them back."

"This is Finnick Odair. Winner of the 65th Hunger Games. And I'm coming to you from District 13, alive and well. We've survived an assault from the Capitol. But I'm not here to give you recent news."

"Why is Finnick doing a propo?" Katniss asked as they made their way into the broadcast room.

"It's a lot more than that," Haymitch started. "Beetee's commandeered the system."

"Now that they're down to generator power there's a more limited range of frequencies available to them. And I'm filling them all up with Finnick."

"Not many will see it, but whoever does will think it's another propo," Plutarch told them.