─𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

the final straw

──────

⋆*°•✦✧⊹⋆ "You can't be serious?" Freya said to President Coin angrily

⋆*°•✦✧⊹⋆ "You can't be serious?" Freya said to President Coin angrily. Once word of the incoming twins circled the entirety of District 13, Coin immediately called for a meeting with her, Plutarch, Freya, Aryan and Reese.

"Yes, I'm very serious," she responded.

"They think The Mockingjay is dead, and you want me to fill a propaganda video announcing my pregnancy? Is this a joke?"

"The Districts are this close to giving up," Plutarch said, pinching his fingers together. "You're another face that provides them with hope. We are so close to getting District 2 on our side, and we think you two are the ones who could seal the deal."

"Absolutely not," Aryan said angrily. "She's not going back into the field, not in this state."

"I refuse to allow this to happen," Reese chimed in agreement.

"We'd have the whole team up there, just right outside our district. She'd be protected and safe," Coin tried to convince.

"When Katniss wanted to go into the field, you told her you couldn't guarantee her safety. But now when it benefits you, you can?"

"Reese," Freya said softly as she turned to Coin.

"I'll do it, under one condition."

"Freya!" Aryan and Reese shouted in shock. She held up a hand and gave them both a look.

Trust me, she pleaded in her head. They both sighed and backed down, nodding for her to continue.

"What is your condition?"

"Stop using my personal life for propagandas," she nearly begged. "I'm not spending this entire pregnancy being a spectacle. I've had enough of cameras being shoved in my face the past eight years of my life. I can't do it anymore."

After a few moments of silence, Coin nodded.

"That's more than fair," she agreed softly. "But if it's okay, we'd like you to record a song to play in the background of the video."

"I can do that."

(the song is Smells Like Teen Spirit, with word changes sang like the Malia J version)

⋆*°•✦✧⊹⋆ • ⋆⊹✧✦•°*⋆

"Hello everyone," Aryan began. "We interrupt whatever you're doing right now for a very important message."