Chapter 19

Zee pov

I got out of the bedroom where Nhu was sleeping, determined to get to the bottom of this. Who made him cry like that? I had to find out, even if it meant waking up the whole house. I banged on every door, shouting for everyone to get up and gather in the living room. No one was allowed to go back to bed until I got some answers. Most of them looked clueless and confused, but I didn't care. I made them line up like soldiers and interrogated them one by one. Most only knew about what was happening when I called the maintenance guy to unlock the door but before that they were clueless.

"What happened?" I asked Toss, trying to keep my cool. He was the most likely suspect, after all. "I didn't do anything," he said, lying through his teeth. "I didn't say you did," I said, playing along. "I'm not going to ask twice," I warned him. "I really don't know what happened. I was just complimenting him and he just started to cry," he said, pretending to be innocent.
I didn't buy his story for a second.
I was always amazed and disgusted by how Toss could turn any insult into a praise. He had a knack for finding the most hurtful and offensive and inappropriate words and delivering them with a smile. He could make you feel like he was complimenting you, even when he was tearing you down. He was a master of manipulation and deception, and I hated him for it.

I grabbed him by the collar and dragged him away. "You're coming with me, the rest of you can leave." I said, grabbing him by his hair and dragging him living room.

"We're going to sort this out right now." I sit Toss on the one mam sofa. I punch his stomach till he becames out of breath hand cat take it no more. I can touch his face he unfortunately needs it to perform tomorrow.

"don't ever talk to my angel you hear" I say grabbing his hair making him look up at me.

I don't make a sound as I get into bed next to nhu. He's fast asleep, unaware of what I've been doing. It's part of my job, after all. I work in the entertainment industry, where some artists act like they're too good for anything. They need a firm hand, or they'll take advantage of you.Sometimes things do get... Physical