Chapter 38

Nhu pov

Nhu pov

We finally leave the hotel. And like hia pinky promised, he kept his word and took me to a diner of my choice for some pancakes and coffee. We did everything I wanted as we were passing time. Then we wandered around the city, looking for fun things to do until the aquarium opened. I didn't want to tire myself out, so we found a nice park where we could relax and cuddle for a while. When we got to the aquarium, I was surprised by how quiet it was for a weekend, but I didn't think too much about it.

"Are you excited to see the fishes?" Hia asks weirdly, his eyes sparkling with mischief. I laugh at his tone and shake my head. "Why are you asking me like you are talking to a baby?" I ask, raising an eyebrow. "Cause you are my baby" he says, leaning in to smother me in kisses. I giggle and try to push him away. "Stop it, you're embarrassing me!" I say, looking around at the other people in the aquarium. He doesn't listen and keeps kissing me all over my face. I laugh and run away from him, dodging the smaller tanks . I spot a huge fish tank and run behind it, hoping to hide from him. It was wide and tall so I could not see him anymore. "Hia" I call out to him, wondering where he went. I walk back around the tank but he wasn't there. Did he give up? Did he get lost? Did he find someone else? A thousand thoughts race through my mind as I panic. "Hiaaaaahhhhh!" I scream as he suddenly appears behind me, laughing in my ear while his hands are wrapped around my waist. He spins me around and kisses me on the lips. I blow out a breath of relief and wrap my arms around him. "You scared me, you jerk!" I say, hitting him lightly on the chest. He smiles and hugs me tighter. "I'm sorry, baby, I just wanted to surprise you" he says, looking into my eyes, His eyes bearly opened because of how wide he was smiling. How could I stay mad at that? "You did, alright" I say, smiling back at him. "But you know what? You're worth it" he says, kissing me again.

We had so much fun at the aquarium today - well, mostly he had a blast taking photos and videos of me. I had to remind him to capture the amazing fish and animals too, or to pose for a selfie with me. We did all kinds of fun things, like feeding the penguins and seals, and touching slimy octopuses. I was exhausted by the end of it. "Hia, I'm tired." I told him. "Do you want to ride on my back?" he offered, slightly bending down, getting into position . I cracked up at his goofiness. "No," I managed to say between giggles. "Maybe next time?" he winked, grabbing my hand and leading me out of the aquarium. "Where do you want to eat lunch? We've been here since morning, it's almost lunch time." He asked. "Let's go to a karaoke bar and have lunch there." I suggested. "Sure," he agreed, taking out his phone using one hand since we was holding mine with his other hand - to find a karaoke bar nearby.

I was standing outside the karaoke place, waiting for hia to get us a room, when I noticed a bunch of girls walking by and whispering to each other. They looked like they were in high school, and they seemed very excited about something. They passed me a few times, and then one of them approached me with her phone in her hand. She showed me the screen, and I saw a photo of myself from a magazine shoot. It was her wallpaper. "You're nunew, right?" she asked me in Korean, smiling nervously. I was speechless. This was the first time someone recognized me outside of Thailand. I felt my face getting hot. The girls squealed. "He's so cute!" "Look, he's blushing!" "He's so pretty!" they complimented me. The girl with the phone switched to the camera app and held it up for a selfie. She smiled and leaned in close to me. I tried to smile back, but I felt awkward. Then her friends joined us, and we all made silly faces at the camera. We took a few pictures, and then they thanked me and bowed politely. They walked away, still giggling and chatting. I was left feeling flustered and amazed.

I was so relieved when hia came back with a waitress and led us to a private karaoke room"You look like a tomato! You should have came in with me, silly. You almost got a heat stroke." He touched my face and poured me some iced tea from the jug we got for free. I pushed his hands away. "It's not the heat, okay? I'll tell you what happened after we order." I quickly ordered a drink, some kimbap, chicken tenders and Korean chicken curry. Hia got a glass of water and some soju, and some spaghetti. He kept offering me his water while we waited for our food, but that reminded me of the reason why I was so embarrassed. "Hia, stop it. I'm fine. I was just flustered because I met some of my fans outside." I said with a smile. "Oooooh, look at you, Mr. Popular." He teased me. "How was it? How did it feel?" He leaned in closer, as if expecting a juicy secret. "You should know, you're famous too, remember?" I said. "Well, I don't care about that. But I care about you." He said with a cheesy grin. I roll my eyes and go in to detail about the whole encounter as he intensely listens.

Zee pov

Nhu was still gushing about his fan interactions as he told me everything that happened. "They were so nice and sweet, they even asked for selfies!" he said, his eyes sparkling. He had a cute blush on his face the whole time. Our food came and he started to wolf it down, eager to get to the karaoke. I had to remind him several times to slow down and chew properly. "You're going to choke if you eat like that," I warned him. He only listened when I said I would feed him myself if he didn't. "Okay, okay, I'll behave," he said, pouting. He skipped dessert, either too full or too excited. I decided to let him have his fun today. I joined him for two songs, but he sang like a whole album by himself. I cheered him on and laughed at how he had so much energy after saying he was 'tired' before we came here. "You're amazing, you know that?" I told him. He smiled and hugged me.  He was dancing and singing like he had a secret power source.

After the karaoke bar, he looked a bit regretful. He said he wished he had ordered some dessert at the restaurant. I smiled to myself, knowing that he had skipped the sweet course because he was too eager to do the karaoke . I suggested we grab some ice cream from a nearby shop. "Ice cream? Really?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. "Yeah, why not? It's hot outside and I'm craving something cold and creamy," I said. "Okay, fine. Let's go get some ice cream then," he agreed. We walked to the shop and ordered our cones. I chose vanilla and he chose chocolate. As we licked our cones, I got a message from my assistant. He said everything was ready at the Restaurant and we could come for dinner anytime after 6. We still had some time to kill, so I asked him what he wanted to do next. He shrugged and focused on his ice cream. "We agreed that today is your day, remember?" I reminded him. "Okay, then I want to do whatever you propose," he said cheekily. "Whatever I propose, huh?" I repeated, looking at him with a playful smile. "Are you sure you can handle that?" he shoves me, while trying to hide his smile.