Chapter 8

"WHAAAAT?!" Valt yells as loud and boisterous as ever.

Well, if BC Sol hadn't already woken up, they definitely got their wake up call now.

Free hummed non-committedly.

"So Shu was really here?" Valt confirmed, intruding Free's personal space by peering into his face in suspicion.

"I have no reason to lie."

"And," Rantaro added with a bit of spite seeping into his tone. "That's why you stole the last nightsuit the hotel gave?"

"He didn't steal Honcho!" Valt protested, ever the kind and trusting one. "Those were for everyone."

"Yeah, I know." Rantaro admitted, begrudgingly, then sulked. "I really wanted more! They were so soft, and silky, and-"

"If we're done here, I'm leaving." Free stated, turning on his heel.

"Hey you! Don't ignore me!" Rantaro fumed, fed up with Free's sassiness.

"Waaaaaaiiiiiiit a minute!" Valt exclaimed, then in a wondering tone inquired; "Why was Shu here anyways?"

"Yeah," Rantaro agreed. "And why not stay for breakfast?"

"Why not find out yourself," and with those parting words and a smirk, Free vanished from the room.

"So mysterious," Rantaro commented.

...

"I want you to come over!" Valt excitedly screams into the phone.

"... What's this about?" Shu asks, sure Valt hinted, very obviously, at wanting Shu's company, he had yet to out-right ask him.

"Uhhhh," Valt faltered and Shu internally prepared himself for the lame excuse Valt was going to dish out. "I don't know man, I guess I just miss you?"

"Sure, now what's this really about?" Valt's antics were never not amusing.

"You see through everything," Valt heaved, exhausted like he'd run a marathon or something.

Shu sometimes wondered if Valt will ever realise it's not just him who's perceptive, but it's Valt who's transparent.

"So?"

"The truth is, I found out you stayed last night and I wanted to also hang out and stuff!"

"So stuff is; Free blabbed out that I was here but wasn't bothered explaining why?"

"Haha guilty," Valt confessed.

"Okay," Shu relented, sounding exasperated.

"Really?"

"Why not," Shu smiled, even though Valt couldn't see.

"Ok! OK! Yay, can't wait dude," Valt cheers happily.

...

"You actually got him to come?" Rantaro questions, seeing the ecstatic energy radiating off Valt's form.

They were seated in Valt's room, Honcho on his comfy, single bed whilst Valt was sprawled on the floor. He kept jittering and his grin was wider and toothier than usual.

"Why are you so surprised, man?"

"No reason," Rantaro lies with what he hoped was a reliable smile. 'Shu's stubborn as a bull, and how he's been so distant lately, I'm surprised he gave in that quickly.'

"I wonder when he'll come!!" Valt beams.

"You didn't specify a time?!" Rantaro exclaims, face palming at his friend's idiocy.