Chapter 10

It was intentional, their meeting, this time.

They both were aware the other would be present, yet it was not like they were intending to meet each other.

A barbeque.

Hosted by the one and only Honcho, also known as Rantaro Kiyama. Their time in America would conclude soon and he decided to beg- masculinely ask Kris to rent out the barbeque area of their hotel and hold a final get together. So technically Kris was the host, nevertheless it was Rantaro's idea, hence he deemed himself as the esteemed host.

The list of those invited was long, to their close friends, Daigo, Wakiya, Shu, to the BC Sol Members, Silas, Cuza, Free, to spontaneous opponents and rivals from the word journey, Ren wu, Boa, Joshua.

Initially, Rantaro deliberated between a homely get together of close pals, or a wide-scale party like now decided. After receiving Valt's inclusive and bubbly insight he selected the latter.

It was half an hour into the gathering, and the area was bustling. The porch, couches, greenery clogged with chunks of people. The lively and familiar chatter emanating across the room. The smell of freshly grilled meat wafting about as people began picking at the snack bar full of Mexican cuisine, courtesy of Rantaro, who, with Valt, couldn't pry themselves from the food festivities.

The place was alive, loud, and successful!

Rantaro was satisfied.

The feeling could not be applied to all, which became blatantly obvious when Free finally arrived after a good forty minutes. His face taut in his typical nonchalance and listless figure. The aura around him was notably dull and unimpressed. He walked to a mostly secluded plastic bench.

Kit and Honey bounced over after a couple of minutes.

"Heyyy Free!" Honey exclaimed, waving wildly, you could tell she was intoxicated by the excitement clouding the festivity.

"Late again, huh?" Kit commented, a mixture of exasperation, knowing and amused.

"Mhm," Free hummed for lack of a better reply.

"OMG, the tacos are out!" Kit's eyes beamed as pink settled on his tan cheeks. "Got to get them while they're hot, have fun, Free!"

"Haha, me too Kit!" Honey wailed as she gave Free a final grin. "Bye, bye!"

Free lifted a hand to signal a slight wave as the kids rushed off, tripping over themselves briefly in the haste.

Ten minutes pass and he debates the idea of leaving. He mainly came due to Kris's insistence and nagging, and maybe because he was a bit curious himself. But nothing particularly appealed to him. The funnest thing so far had been Sasha dropping her juice on Silas, who irked and infuriated, yelled some curse words and stormed off to change his outfit.

Free feels a presence halt a couple feet beside him. His pupils trail to the corner of his eyes, tilting his head slightly up, lopsidedly to gaze at the figure.

"Hey," Shu simply greets, standing calmly, his arms crossed and head leaning downwards to face him. "Just got here?"

"Hm, kinda," Free alludes. "Don't you have some catching up to do?"

"I've been here for an hour, I've probably done more than just 'catch-up,'" Shu smiles fondly at the thought. "Nothing to do?"

"How'd you figure?" Free sarcastically asks as Shu releases a breath of withering patience.

"You need some serious work on your attitude," He comments, then thinks for a second.
"Why not leave?"

"Considering."