Chapter 11

'He's late,' Shu thought as he awaited outside the hotel BC Sol resided in.

They planned to meet in the afternoon but the sky was dimming, time ticking to evening. Shu, himself had arrived early out of courtesy, which he assured himself not to repeat with the lazy blader. Shu sighed, unsure of when the other was planning to arrive, after all, he had already been kept waiting about an hour.

After another ten minutes, Free strolled out of the clear glass doors with the carelessness that one who was an hour late shouldn't possess.

"Hey."

"It's been an hour."

"Huh, didn't realise."

The smirk plastered on his face made Shu believe otherwise. It wasn't worth picking a fight over though.

"Do you have a phone?" Shu asked after a moment of deliberation.

"Asking for my number already? The date's just started."

"... You're in a good mood," Shu deadpanned. "I just want to stay updated in case stuff like this happens again."

"Hm," Free lethargically took his phone out of his pocket and lightly handed it to Shu.

Shu raised an eyebrow whilst opening the device, after inputting Free's contact into his phone, he promptly handed it back.

"It's not secure to not have a passcode," Shu advised maturely.

"Don't care."

Then Free spun his body on his heels and began walking. Shu followed, keeping in step to the other's pace.

"You know a good place?" Shu asked, Free didn't seem the type to browse restaurants.

"Mm, asked Kris about it and she recommended a nearby place." Free explained nonchalantly.

"Ah okay."

They walk in silence, time passing by seamlessly. Shu briefly wonders how long is left until they reach but doesn't want to disturb the other from his trance-like silence. The silence stretches.

"You're pretty sharp," Free comments abruptly.

Shu stills his thoughts, pondering what elicited the compliment.

"The faint spill on the ground," Free clarifies. "Most people wouldn't have noticed it, but you easily avoided it."

Shu stares, a little baffled. They passed the spill five minutes ago. Unsure of what to say, Shu remains quiet.

"Kinda disappointed," Free begins, his lips evening out into a teasing smirk," would've been entertaining to see you slip and fall."

Shu doesn't know why he still feels taken aback. Normal people would comment when it happens and let the other know so they don't fall. Normal people would be relieved if someone doesn't fall. Normal people wouldn't comment that they wished the other to fall despite if they genuinely did.

But, as proven multiple times, Free was anything but normal.

"I don't see the fun," Shu states honestly- laughing when someone falls is what kids do, kids who don't know any better, or the risk it poses- unlike the certain someone beside him.

"'Cause you are no fun," Free explains simply as though it were a universal fact rather than a subjective opinion.

Shu furrowed his brow at that. But continued to follow the way Free led.

...

They ended up at a vintage Italian diner, the logo of a classic chef serving a jumbo-sized pizza plastered haphazardly over the front of the moderate sized restaurant. Upon entrance, warm, enticing smells wafted about- fresh dough, italian herbs and delicious meals. The theme was a warm brown and orange with monochromatic paintings and photographs hanging on the walls to contrive the classic aesthetic. A low, jazz tune played throughout the place.