Chapter 51- Quinn

I'm doing my homework, for once, when I hear a weird tapping at my window, I figure it's just a squirrel or a bird or some shit.

Then the window swings open, and in climbs Josephine.

She looks ethereal. Her dress is riding up her thighs as she brushes her self off and takes off her jacket and tosses it on my bed casually.

I think I must be dreaming until she speaks.

"That climb is way higher than I remember." She says leisurely, her voice just like I remember, velvety smooth.

"Josephine." I didn't mean to sound nearly as breathless as I do.

Her lips turn up slightly and she walks over to my desk lithely.

She says nothing for a moment, just stares, then she smiles, her teeth showing, and she ruffles my hair.

"How is it.." She says softly, "That you look even better than when I left?"

My heart is beating in my throat.

"Josephine," I manage not to say this like it's a breath I'm letting out, "You can't just expect me to forgive you."

She moves her hand from my hair to my jaw.

"I don't expect you to." She says, trailing her fingertips over my skin, like she can't believe I'm real either.

"Then why are you here?"

"For you. I wanted to see you. Is it so wrong to want to see my oldest and bestest of friends?" She says her tone playful as she watches me swallow nervously.

"I have...there's a girl." I say as she plays with the end of my tie.

"Is she your girlfriend?" Josephine says this like there's no weight to the words, like she doesn't care if the answer is yes or no.

"No.." I say, thinking back to every conversation I've had with Melody about dating each other. "She's not."

"You're single, I'm single. It's fate, angel." She says, and I'm about to say something, but her thumb goes to my bottom lip.

"You're lips are still so soft." She observes, and leans in to peer at them. My heart beat quickens.

"Josephine, I can't do this with you." I say, my voice weak.

"Do what?" She says, pulling away slightly, grinning.

"Seph.."

"Oh, so I'm 'Seph' now, to you?" She says, going back to fidgeting with my tie.

I say nothing and she chuckles.

"Did you miss me?" She says, tugging off my tie in one swift motion.

I catch her wrist and look into her grey eyes, glinting with danger.

"Did you miss me?" I counter and she uses her other hand to pry my fingers off.

Her touch still feels like lightning coursing through my viens.

"Of course I did, Quinn. You're apart of me." She says softly, almost scoldingly, her fingers lingering on mine.

"Do you still have the tattoo?" I say, without thinking.

"Why? Do you wanna see it?" She says, smirking.

"No." I lie.

She raises an eyebrow.

"Fine. But don't show me anything else." I mumble.

She pulls at the straps of her dress, revealing a lacy white bra, and pushes the dress down bellow her rib cage.