sun

S U N

We are infinite as the universe we hold inside.

"At the heart of AstroPsychology is the simple assertion: needs motivate. But to account for motivation, a model of the psyche must deal with human feelings and emotions. Once a felt need begins to dominate awareness, that person is motivated to engage in behaviors that satisfy the need. People act out of anger, fear, curiosity, love, excitement, pride, shame, aesthetic pleasure, and so on."

Taehyung reads between the lines, again, and again, trying to understand the paragraph. He frowns, not quite convinced whether he's looking in the right place. He tries to find its meanings and correlate them to the past events he had experienced just recently. Astrology isn't necessarily something he is into, he would call it an experiment.

Only during the most recent months, he has come to the conclusion that life can be unexpected, in better ways. He came to understand that life wasn't only about being prepared for the worst. He used to be like that, he used to beat himself up for enjoying the happy moments he was given, only because he was convinced something bad was about to happen, taking all the joy from him, stripping him of happiness for a while, until things got back on track.

He looked at life associating it with a circle, an event circle, always already preparing for the worst whenever something good happened to him.

Until something did break the circle, and Taehyung is now still trying to figure it out. As someone very dear to him has told him, it's all about perspective. It's all about the way one looks at life and lives the moment. Good and bad things happen anyway, but it depends from person to person on how much the bad will weigh in their life. And so Taehyung fell down the spiral of a neverending investigation of his own.

It's been three weeks since he started reading books on this topic, but he couldn't really put his finger on it, on the answer he was looking for.

He wants to work on himself, instead of going back to the person he used to be. He wants to stop bringing others down with himself, including Jungkook, but how would he do that, unless he sees with his own eyes that whatever philosophy he used to believe in in the past, was just his mind playing games on him?

Now, he wants to look back and understand.

He has recently come across a quote that inspired him to do so and act on his instinct, and go forth with the small experiment.

"Life must be understood backward. But it must be lived forward". Philosopher Søren Kierkegaard has said that, and Taehyung, rebelling against what he has read through infinite pages of websites and books, decided to be the forger of his own experiment.

It was pretty simple. He wanted to see the good in each event that he had perceived in a dark light, a shadow that he was afraid to acknowledge.

Taehyung loves to keep journals, hence, he's motivated even further to go back and look at the past few months of his life, and instead of running away from what had happened, his new assignment was to understand.

There was no good or bad, but emotions and experiences.

Sun: The Planet of Self

As the sun puts forth light, so it brings forth life. This planet (also known as a luminary and a star) represents the self, one's personality and ego, the spirit, and what it is that makes the individual unique. It is our identity and our face to the world. The sun also speaks to creative ability and the power of the individual to meet the challenges of everyday life.