venus

V E N U S

Like a telescope

I will pull you so close

'Til no space lies in between

And suddenly, I see you

Venus: The Planet of Love and Money

Venus is all about pleasure, especially pleasure shared with someone else. This planet concerns itself with love, romance, and harmony in our emotional attachments, marriages, friendships, and other unions (like business partnerships). Venus is content to spread happiness and tenderness, all the while teaching us how to love and appreciate others and the things that we possess.

romance ~ pleasure

Taehyung lives in the dorm with Yoongi, whereas Jungkook lives in his own apartment that he received as his legacy from his grandmother. It is no lie that Jungkook's family has always been well-off. He is twenty and he already owns a car and a luxurious apartment. His parents pay for all his needs, and even more, only so that he can focus properly on his dream. They are supportive, but Taehyung has never been jealous of that. He just accepts the fact that they come from different environments, and simply lives with it. Besides, his family has always been supportive too, in their own way. Maybe they couldn't contribute as much money as Jungkook's parents do, but he is attending the university of his dreams thanks to their efforts.

And the apartment Jungkook lives in reflects his family's wealth, but it also shines back on Jungkook's personality. He is rich, but the walls of his bedroom are still full of posters, pieces of vinyl, and funny pictures of him and his friends. He also never talks about it, but whenever he can contribute and help a friend, he jumps in without making a fuss about it. Taehyung watched him throughout the years and has come to the conclusion he comes from a good family, they have given him a good education without turning him into a spoiled child.

Taehyung loves Jungkook's apartment because he feels safe there. Every piece of furniture is a signature Jungkook lives there, the tidiness and simplicity of the living room, the pile of PS CD Games perfectly organized, the warm, soft, fluffy rugs and the bean bags, the snuggly covers distributed on each side of the coach, all of it conferred Taehyung a safe space.

A safe space created by Jungkook.

They don't live together and never did have the chance to, so as to not raise any suspicion, yet more than often Taehyung would spend his nights with him, cooking dinner together, watching movies, playing games, sharing dreams and opinions, talking about their future, and beyond any doubt, making love.

Taehyung feels warm and safe in Jungkook's arms, he feels protected and wants to spend his days with him and him only, but that is a faraway dream in their actual context. Taehyung loves to pretend he does live there, whenever he spends time at Jungkook's apartment. He puts a pause on his worries and steps into a world of calm and coziness with his boyfriend, between fortress walls, hiding them from the mean eyes of the reality they were living.

Taehyung loves the domesticity of it all. The apartment is a small world where Taehyung and Jungkook make each other feel better through small, almost insignificant things that mean the world to them.

They have learned things about each other, and know how to distract each other from their daunting thoughts, and just as much as Taehyung has been stressed lately, Jungkook knows how to make him get his mind off his problems, through simple yet effective ways, like he's done today.