Chapter 5: Deluxe!

Sadly, Damien and his group had to leave the world for the time being, leaving us to follow Nanu and his twin sister, Nanna. The pair of sibling had just left their high school and arrived at Wonder Hill to be greeted by the sight of their team playing some Vanguard. They walk around and watch the games, giving some pointers to some of the players that were struggling.

Nanna walks over to a fight table where a young woman in a wheelchair is playing against a young male with black hair. "Kheios attacks your Vanguard...! His skill! 10k power to my rearguards, and my Mikani stands again...!"

"Hmm... Not bad. I perfect guard that." The girl says with a smile.

"Looking good, Mecha." Nanna compliments the girl in the wheelchair, who smiles back at her. "Kyoki, you're definitely showing some improvement too. You'll be a force to be reckoned with at this point." She smiles to the younger man as well, who just blushed and scratched the back of his head.

Meanwhile, Nanu was standing off to the side and watched Azura playing against a particularly attractive young lady. Tan skin, soft blonde hair, and shimmering gold eyes. Kia Nakamura. "Drajeweled attacks your Maelstrom! Skill activates! Soul blast four cards of different Grades, and reduce your Vanguard's power to 1, and Drajeweled gets an extra critical! Then Empousa's skill! She stands! Rokkargour's skill! Counter blast and stand!" She plays her cards masterfully, leaving Nanu smiling silently in the background.

Azura would look at her hand calmly, her expression unchanged. "I don't guard." She declares, losing the game right then and there. "Hmm... Perhaps if I played a bit more conservatively, I could've survived the turn..." She mutters to herself. "Oh! My apologies. That was a good game, Nakamura." The blue haired woman bows, and cleans up her cards.

"Hehe. Well, I had to up my game now your brother is here~" Kia would turn around and wink at Nanu, making him blush and look away nervously.

"Tsk... Going all out just cuz brother showed up? Gross." Alice, Azura's twin sister, groaned in slight disgust.

"Oh, don't be a buzzkill. You'll understand when you find love." Kia teases the younger lavender haired girl, which just made her cringe more.

"Yeah right. As if that's ever gonna happen." She says and walks off to fight someone in the old park.

Nanu walks over to the two girls, now calm again. "She just hasn't found the right person yet." He says as a joke.

Kia would smile upon his arrival, and hug his arm tightly. "Yeah, I know... But enough about her, what about you~? How was your day?" She asked.

"Uhh, pretty normal...?" He says with a shrug.

Nanna walks over to join them, as she taps Nanu's shoulder. "Hey. Someone new is making their way over here." She informs him, as Nanu gets serious and turns toward the entrance of Wonder Hill.

Coming up to Team Blackout was a young man who seemed to be at least 18-19 years old. He had light green hair done in a bob, a pretty long ahoge at the top of his head, and bangs that covered his eyes. He would bow out of courtesy, and resume his previous posture. "Hello there, Kanzaki family. Team Blackout. My name is Jinki Mukae, I apologize for showing up so suddenly. But I'm here to invite a select few of you to participate in my upcoming tournament." He says, getting straight to the point after his introduction.

"Tournament?" Nanu asked, staring at the slightly older male.

"Correct. It's called the Deluxe! Nanu Kanzaki! Nanna Kanzaki! Azura Kanzaki! Alice Kanzaki! Mecha Primrose! Kia Nakamura! And Damien! You all are invited to participate in this grand occasion!" He announces, sounding so proud of himself.

"Uh, Damien isn't here anymore." Nanu answered with a straight face.

Jinki's eye would twitch in slight annoyance, but regained his composure quickly. "Is that so? Very well then. I suppose his spot can be filled by someone else then. Thank you for informing me of this. But, here. Your invites." He says as he walks around to give everyone he called out their invitation letters.

Nanu looks at the paper, then to Nanna, asking if they want to take part. She would shrug as her answer, which basically meant "Sure, why not?"

So Nanu would turn back to Jinki and look him in the eyes. Well, eye. "Alright then, Mukae. We'll play your little tourney." He says with a smirk.

"Wonderful to hear! Well then, I'll be on my way now. I have a few more invites to deliver." He would bow again as he leaves.

Nanna puts her invite away and sighs. "You don't have to play if you don't wanna. I know you're not much of a tournament guy." She says.

"I wouldn't want to just leave him with another open space. I'll just throw my first game and leave it at that." Nanu says with a shrug.

"You're not gonna play seriously?" Kia asked.

"If I did, I'd probably win the whole thing. Tournaments are just a huge drag. They're no fun." He sighs, throwing his hands behind his head.

"Well, I get you there." Nanna nods in agreement. "But...I'm kinda interested in seeing how far I can go." She smiles.

"If Nanu is throwing, so am I. It's no fun if I don't get to play him at the very end." Kia pouts.

"Well, you two can do what you want. I'm aiming to win." Alice says, flashing her invite confidently.

"I couldn't agree more, sister." Azura smiles, holding hers up as well.

Seeing his siblings get all excited and fired up made Nanu smile a bit. So, with a stretch, he raises his arm up. "It's getting late. We should all be heading home soon." He tells his team, who all head off their own ways home, with the Kanzaki family all going the same way home.