Chapter 8: Pushing to the Future

Nanu's first fight of the day ended in his loss, but he didn't really care about that right now. Still, he was feeling a bit hollow from throwing. Maybe next fight he'll actually try. As he watched the rest of the fights, he would take note of his opponent's play styles.

The round after his was Azura and Kyoki. Despite all Kyoki could muster, his deck was too much of a glass cannon to handle Azura's multi attack style. But it was close, as Kyoki could also put pressure on Azura. Her deck wasn't exactly defensive either.

The next round was Alice vs Mecha. Despite all the power and pressure Alice produced, she was no match for Mecha and her trigger stacking.

Match three was Nanna vs Kia. As expected, Nanna won simply by Kia not giving her all, just as she said she would.

The last fight of the day was between Yoshino and Athena. Yoshi's deck revolved around control, which became the deciding factor for the fight. Athena just couldn't keep a board for continuous pressure, giving Yoshino the win in the end.

And with that, the next rounds started the following the day. Nanu played against Kyoki this time around. And while he did make it look like he was trying, he lost that game as well with a simple shrug.

Alice then went on to defeat Yoshino. Azura landed the win against Athena. And Nanna got the win over Nina. The last round of the day was between Kia and Mecha, as both fighters step up to the table.

Kia declared heads on the coin flip, which then landed tails, allowing Mecha to go first. Kia didn't mind going second, but going first usually meant getting to Persona Ride first. So while this looked bad, Kia didn't care either way. She wasn't giving it her all, after all. As the two shuffled each other's decks, then handed their cards back to the rightful owner, as Mecha stares at her opponent.

"Kia. Are you really trying to just throw the tournament? Just because Nanu isn't playing at his full strength?" She asked.

"Hm? I mean, I'm not really that big on tourneys. Too stuffy, you know? Besides, I hate being used for other people's entertainment." She answered and drew her starting hand. She decided to hold onto the cards she has now.

"I guess I can see where you're coming from. But don't you want to show off for him a bit?" Mecha asked back, getting her hand next. She places one of her cards back, then shuffles after drawing again. She smiles at her hand now, quite pleased by it.

"I can show off to him in my free time. Besides, I know he likes me already, so there's no need for it either." Kia places her hand on her starting vanguard to get the game started.

"Fair enough." Mecha nods and prepares as well. "Stand up!"

"Stand up!"

"Vanguard!" Both girl exclaim.

"Tri-connect Sorceress!"

"Jewelias Dracokid."

Mecha starts our game off officially. "Draw. I ride Tier Square Sorceress! Set my energy generator, and end my turn."

"I draw. Ride up to Jewel Core Dragon. Set energy and charge three. Attack with Jewel Core." Kia immediately starts to play aggressive.

"No guard." Mecha calls, taking the first damage of the game. "I draw, energy charge. Ride to Pentagleam Sorceress. Tier Square's skill. Counter blast and draw a card. I call Tier Square to my back row. Pentagleam attacks with support. 18k." Mecha keeps her turn calm, as she deals a damage herself.

"I draw, and energy charge. Ride up to Demonic Stone Dragon, Jewelneel! Jewel Core's skill, I call him from soul." Kia moves Jewel Core from her soul to the top right rearguard for an extra attack. I then call Falcate Performer. Jewelneel attacks first."