Chapter 10: Looming Darkness Part 2

Back in the stadium of the Deluxe in Japan, Nanu steps up to the fight table to find the green haired tournament organizer standing there as well. The lavender haired male strides over and stops behind him. "You wanted to talk?" He spoke up.

Jinki turned around and smiled. "Ah, Nanu. Thank you for coming." He says.

Nanu narrows his eyes. "What's your game, exactly? What is it that you're trying to pull behind the scenes?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." The green haired male says with a shrug. "I simply wanted to ask you for a fight. After all, I was so disappointed that I didn't get to see you fight at full strength."

"You knew?" He asked.

"How could I not? After all, your win rate is an astounding 95%. Getting eliminated in the qualifying rounds... I knew you had to be holding back." Jinki says.

"Hah! I don't believe that for a second. But whatever, I'll bite." Nanu laughs and steps closer to the table, setting up his cards. "Are you ready?"

"I've been ready." Jinki smiles. "Stand up."

"Stand up. La!"

"Vanguard!"

"Trickstar!"

"Griphosid."

Nanu looks closely at Jinki's card. "Hydragrum...? And no nation?" He asked, then looked at his ride deck next. "Including your Griphosid, that's a five card ride deck. What the hell kind of deck are you running?"

"Hahaha. You could say my deck is a bit quirky." He laughs and draws. Nanu wanted to go first, but he wasted time asking questions instead of taking the initiative. "I'm not riding." He smiles.

"What?" Nanu narrows his eyes again.

"Instead, I use Griphosid's skill to put a Calamity Order card from my ride deck into my soul. Griphosid also gets 2k power for each different Calamity card in my soul." Jinki explains. "I end my turn."

"So you're going to fight me with a Grade 0 the whole fight? And you chewed me out for holding back." Nanu says and draws. "I ride Blaze Maiden, Rino! Then attack!"

"I guard." Jinki throws down a Critical Trigger he had in his hand. "No pass." He smiles.

"Drive Check. Draw Trigger. I draw a card. I end my turn." Nanu sighs. "So you're running Dragon Empire. So why is the nation not printed on your card?"

"Ehe." Jinki chuckles.

"What do you mean 'Ehe'?!" Nanu barks back. "Don't tell me...you can use this card in any deck?"

"Wow, was that really just a guess?" Jinki asked with eyes wide.

"Power creep is a real thing." Nanu laughed.

"Oh well. I draw. Once again, I skip my Ride Phase and use Griphosid's skill. Griphosid gets 2k more power. I attack your Vanguard for 10k."

"No guard."

"Drive Check. Critical Trigger. All effects to Griphosid."

Nanu takes two damage, and takes mental notes once again. 'That Crit was a different card than the first one... So he's running an 8 Crit deck...' He thinks and draws for his turn.

"I ride Blaze Maiden, Reiyu. Using Rino's skill, I call Trickstar from my deck. Then I overDress! Vairina Arcs! His skill, I counter blast and draw two cards! Reiyu attacks your Vanguard!"

"I activate my Blitz Order. Corrosive Smoke Signals, giving Griphosid 10k more power and placing a Dragontree marker on a rearguard circle without one."