Chapter 9: Deluxe Finals

The next day of the tournament goes by. The rounds were as follows: Nanna defeats Athena. Mecha beats Kyoki. Azura beats Kia. Yoshino beats and eliminates Nanu. And Alice loses to Nina, to no one's surprise. Due to the small roster of players, things will start to go a little differently. The fighters with 2 wins would advance to the quarterfinals, while the ones with zero would drop entirely. That means Nanu, Kia, Athena, and Kyoki would he out of the tournament.

The next day, the fighters with 2 wins would fight each other, and the winner would move on to the semifinals. The results are: Mecha advances forward. Nanna advances. Nina advances. Azura drops. Yoshino drops. Alice drops.

With the semifinals wrapped up, the finals come the next day. Instead of Jinki's original plan, he now has to work with three players in a wonky order. The first round would be between Alice and Nanna first. Then the loser of that match would play against Nina. Then the winner of the that match would get to fight the winner of the previous fight, with the loser being named in the third place.

To no one's surprise, Nanna defeats Alice. And then Nina defeated Alice once again, placing the young Kanzaki comfortably in third. Which also means that it was now a rematch between Nina and Nanna.

As the women step up, Nina couldn't help but smile. "At least one of you is taking this tournament seriously." She says as she shuffled Nanna's cards.

Nanna did the same, also smiling. "Hey, Nanu just likes being casual. Please don't hold it against him." She smiled and handed Nina's deck back after a half cut.

Nina half cuts Nanna deck as she puts it down and picks up her starting hand. "Why don't you call the coin toss this time?" She offered.

"Then I'll give head." Nanna says as a joke, making Nina face palm from the cringe. But Nanna's call was right, so she was going first this game. "Ready? Stand up! La!"

"Stand up! The!"

"Vanguard!"

"Surprise Egg!"

"Scarlet Flame New Soldier, Buckish!"

"I draw!" Nanna starts the game, and discards to ride. "Ride Heart Pounding Blaze Maiden, Rino! Set my energy generator, and end turn."

"Draw for turn." Nina draws, then discards as well. "I ride Scarlet Flame Bow Soldier, Aguired. I set energy generator, energy charge three, and draw with Buckish's skill. Aguired attacks!"

"No guard."

"Check the Drive. Critical Trigger. All effects to Aguired." Nina had already started to put out some serious pressure, putting Nanna at two damage instead of one.

"Draw, and energy charge. I discard, and ride up to Snuggling Blaze Maiden, Reiyu! Using Rino's skill, I call Trickstar from my deck. Then I call Flash Equip Dragon, Bramahda! The prayers of the world grant you an impregnable shield! Get dressed, Trickstar! X-overDress, Vils Vairina! Bramahda's skill! Counter blast and draw two cards, then discard a card from my hand. Vil's skill, I add Garou Vairina from my drop back to my hand! Call Trickstar and Sword Equip Dragon, Galondight! The prayers of the world grant you an unstoppable sword! Get dressed, Trickstar! Surge ahead, Garou Vairina!" Nanna was going all out in this fight. As she always does. "Vils Vairina attacks first! 15k!"

"I guard!" Nina throws down the Critical Trigger in her hand to block that.

"Reiyu attacks next!"

Nina did have another Trigger in hand to block it, but decided to save it for later. "No guard."

"Drive check! Critical Trigger!" Nanna pulls out a crit of her own, making Reiyu deal one more damage, and buffing up Garou even more. "Garou attacks for 40k! When he's in the X-overDress state, you need to call two cards to completely stop him!"

"No guard." Nina was suddenly pushed to three damage thanks to the blunder of not guarding the vanguard, but it wasn't all bad. "Stand and draw. Energy charge. Since you have two rearguards, Aguired's skill doesn't activate. Discard, and I ride Dipaanel! I then call two Bolt Blamer Dragons and two Burnaia!" Now Nina was getting offensive. And the game had basically just started. "You'll pay for pushing me this far...! Bolt Blamer attacks with support! 23k!"

"Vils intercepts! 25k shield!"

"Bolt Blamer's skill. Counter blast and retire itself to retire Garou Vairina. Then Burnaia's skill. She binds herself, and I draw. My second Bolt Blamer! 23k again!"

"Guard with Zonne!" Nanna stops the attack with the Critical Trigger she checked last turn.

"Skill activates. Counter blast and retire itself. Since you have no rearguards to retire, I bind Bolt Blamer instead. Then Burnaia binds and I draw. Dipaanel attacks!"

"No guard." Nanna decides to take this attack, as she needs damage to use a lot of her skills in the first place.

"Check the Drive. Got it. Critical Trigger again!" Both girls seemed to be going for each other's throats, as Nina pushes Nanna to four damage in one go.

"Stand and draw! Energy charge! Shine bright, my burning star of hope! Descend, my avatar! Chakrabarthi Phoenix Dragon, Nirvana Jheva!" Nanna starts to bring the heat. "I use Jheva's skill! Discard a card from my hand to call Trickstar and Bramahda from drop! Launcharred's skill when he's discarded, I soul blast and call him from drop! The prayers of the world give form to your blazing cannon! Get Dressed, Trickstar! Come forth, Baur Vairina!" Nanna pulls out a new Vairina to mess Nina up. "Bramahda's skill! Counter blast and draw two! Then discard a card. I call Trickstar from my hand! Get dressed once again! Garou Vairina!" Nanna used Launcharred to dress up this time, as she prepares for an all out assault to end the game before Nina even hits Grade 3.

"I attack with Baur Vairina first! When he attacks, he gets 2k power for each of your open rearguard circles! That's 10k more power! Then! Counter blast, and he gains the ability to perform a Drive Check since you have no rearguards!"

Nina grits her teeth. A 23k swing wasn't hard to block, but that Drive Check was going to be tricky. If she blocks too low, the attack will break her defenses if she checks a single trigger. Though it is just one, so it's not the most likely to happen. "I guard!" She throws down her Spark Conduct Dragon to stop the attack.

"Drive Check! No trigger!" Nina was safe for now "Attack with Jheva next! Her skill! Counter blast and stand Baur!"

"Perfect guard!" Nina tosses out her top defense to ensure survival. As long as no Crits or anything stupid like an Over Trigger popped up, she would survive.

"Twin Drive! First check! Front Trigger! 10k to my front row! Second check! Heal Trigger! I heal one damage and give more power to Baur! Baur swings again! Skill activates! Another 10k power gained, and he can perform another drive check! 43k!"

"No guard!" Nina declares.

"Drive check...! OVER TRIGGER!!" Nanna checks the Over Trigger once again.

"Seriously...?!" Nina groaned.

"Jheva gains 100 million power, and she stands again! Bram attacks next! 33k!"

"No guard...!" Nina is forced to five damage.

"Jheva attacks!!"

Nina had no cards to block this attack. "No guard!" She calls.

"Twin Drive! First check! No trigger! Second check! Got it! Critical Trigger! All effects to Jheva!"

With that last check, Nina's loss was solidified, as she takes her sixth damage before she even reached Grade 3. "Not bad. You walked all over me this time." She says. "I may have lost, but I don't feel upset about it. Despite that OT bullshit."

"Ahaha... Yeah, sorry about that, Nina. But good game!" She says, shaking her opponent's hand.

With that, the Japanese Deluxe had come to an end. That's right, there's more to the Deluxe! Across the world, Jinki had also set up another one in America! And now that Japan had finished their tournament, the top positions will travel to America to play against the American champions! Nanna, Nina, and Alice were going international!