Chapter 6: Day of Deluxe!

Nanu and family were all reading through their invites, and come up to a bit of a confusing stipulation in the rules. "Hey, what's this about energy?" Alice asked first, showing off a new card for the ride deck, as well as a stack of 10 energy cards.

"Oh, dad mentioned this a little bit ago. Apparently, Bushiroad is planning to implement a new resource system, and this is it." Azura answered as she pulled out her own energy cards. "Hehe. My energy cards have my picture on the back. Pretty neat."

"More like creepy..." Alice says as she looks at her energies. "Eh, whatever. At least there's an extra draw effect we can all use, even if our decks don't really have cards that need energy just yet." She shrugs.

"It does seem helpful." Nanu nods as he puts food on the table. "We got a big day for us tomorrow, so y'all know the drill." He says as he sits down.

"Early to bed, early to rise. Makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise." Both sisters say together, making them giggle a bit.

"Right. Eat up, shower, and let's get some shut eye." Nanna smiles and starts to eat her food first.

As the family ate together, they would each take turns showering, then they would head to bed after drying their hairs to avoid bed head.

The next day

Nanu and his siblings all arrive at the sight of the Deluxe. A massive Vanguard stadium with a hotel right next door. Once they check into the hotel and drop their things off in their rooms, they make their way down to the stadium for the opening ceremony. Once they enter, they get a look at all the other contestants.

But they didn't have time for small talk, as Jinki had arrived to get them all into position. Each fighter stepped onto platforms that would rise up into the stadium, as Jinki returns to the stage to get things kicked off as soon as possible.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the first ever Deluxe Tournament!!" Jinki would call out using a microphone on a stage set up in the center of the stadium. The crowd cheers in pure excitement, as Jinki waits for them to quiet down to continue. "I'm sure you're all itching to know who our fighters are! Because I know I sure am! Let's not waste any time and introduce everyone already!! Her gentle demeanor and soothing voice makes anyone who hears her swoon! But don't be deceived, as beneath her exterior is a ruthless general ordering the waves of the ocean!! Azura Kanzaki!!"

As Jinki announces her, Azura's platform is the first to appear, as the crowd goes wild.

"Her sword of justice will cut down all evildoers! It's powerful, beautiful, and dangerous, Athena Kanzaki!!"

Athena was also given an invitation, to round out the roster with an even amount of participants. But she was still a Kanzaki, so she was a force to be reckoned with.

"Her dragon is as deadly as her looks! A calculating beauty who uses her cunning to drain her foes dry! Let's hear it for Kia Nakamura!!"

Kia was the next person announced, as she would wave to the crowd of people cheering for her. She even had a sub section in the crowd of dedicated fans.

"With the sound of a thunderclap, she strikes fear in her enemies, leaving them paralyzed by her lightning! A woman as powerful as her draconic partner, Yoshino Raijin!!"

Yoshino comes up next, who immediately waves to Azura right next to her. Azura would smile, and wave back to her.

"The scarlet bow of demolition looses a volley of blazing arrows over the land! Nina Ovetsi is her name, and scorched earth is her game!!"

Nina is next, as she stands by to let the crowd cheer her on.

"The pursuit of strength is what leads this girl's path! With her trusty scythe, she cuts the competition down to size! It's ALICE KANZAKI!!"

With a bit more enthusiasm, Alice is the next to appear, as she crosses her arms at the cringey announcements.

"With a blazing passion, and courageous heart! A star of hope shines through even the darkest of times! Nanna Kanzaki!!"

Nanna would be the most pumped, as she waves to everyone in the crowd in a circular motion

"He may look shy and timid, but inside is a snake that is just WAITING to strike! Kyoki Kurosaki!!"

Despite not being that well known, Kyoki was also invited to participate, likely taking the place of the absent Damien.

"Her foresight is never wrong! She knows what will happen next! Will her skills as a diviner lead her to the ultimate victory?! Let's find out! It's Rikari "Mecha" Primrose!!"

The second to late fighter was shown, as Mecha waves to the crowd while still snug in her wheelchair.

"And last but not least, I'm sure you've been dying to see this man in action! You know him! You love him! With the most charming charisma you'll ever see, it's Nanu KANZAKI!!"

Nanu was the very last, but that was done deliberately to hype up the audience the most. Sadly, he'd have to let all his fans down with his upcoming performances.

"Before the matchups are shown to our fighters, I'll quickly explain the game plan! The Deluxe will be a 5 day long tournament, with fights happening back to back once a round finishes! The battles will be a best of one, but your favorite fighter may just clutch up at the last minute! Even if they lose one round, they have two days to make up for it! Basically, if a fighter can accomplish two wins, then they move on to the next phase of the tournament! Four fighters will be eliminated, and the next will move on to day 4! The quarterfinals! And then, the finals! Before the final fight, the two losers of the quarterfinals will duke it out for third place, and the match after that will be for the crown!!" Jinki explains the game plan of the whole Deluxe, making Nanu sigh a bit.

Great. Three days of just throwing games? Of course it wouldn't be that easy to get out. But either way, it would probably be fun to watch the rest of the fights once he drops out for good.

"And now, without further delay, let's get the first round underway!! Fighters will be chosen randomly to fight! Don't worry, once two fighters square off, they can't be paired again! Our first round is...!!" Jinki dramatically points to the massive television screen, as Nanu and Nina's name appear. "Nanu Kanzaki vs Nina Ovetsi!! Truly, a fight for the ages! If all fighters except the ones fighting could please step away and into the dedicated watch area!"

With that said, everyone walks to different parts of the stadium as Nanu and Nina step up to bat as the first game of the whole tournament.