9.

Raine squinted at the bright light being pointed into her eyes. "Good, good. Alright Raine, follow my finger." The doctor put his flashlight away and held his finger up, moving it back and forth. Raine followed his finger easily. She had woken up yesterday and over night she gradually gained more mobility, but she still had to stay in the hospital as she still had a long ways to go.

"Alright, try to speak for me." Raine looked up at him "I wanna go home." Her voice cracked and was hoarse. Her throat also hurt when she talked. The doctor chuckled. "I know Raine, but you need to stay here just a little while longer." "It's for your own good Kiddo." Chan spoke up as he finished setting up her new phone they had all gotten her for her birthday.

She had also gotten her own Ipad so she could do digital art and a sketchbook and art supplies incase she wasn't feeling digital art on any particular day. She got a few new outfits as well and they showed her pictures of her room. They had built a place for her rock collection with space for her rock collection to grow.

Raine pouted a bit. She knew it was for her own good, but she felt had been in the hospital for far too long already. "Alright Runt. It looks like Chan Hyung has finished your phone and I finished your iPad." Minho said as he walked in. "And I brought another present, Princess. Had to wait for it to be delivered, so it's a little late. But I've also got it all set up." Felix smiled as he held up a nintendo switch.

"Um... I brought food?" Jisung said feeling overdone by the others. "Don't feel bad." He felt a hand on his shoulder. "Yeah, we didn't bring anything since we also pitched in on the switch. Felix wanted to carry it and give it to her..." Jisung looked over at the two beside him. Hyunjin and Jeongin smiled at him before fully entering the room. Seungmin walked up to Jisung next. "Foods better than nothing. She's probably tired of hospital food." He said as he passed him. Changbin was right behind Seungmin carrying a very small bag.

"Just keep practicing talking and make sure to stay hydrated. I'm glad to see you're already trying to walk again but please don't overexert yourself. Overexertion can lead you away from progress instead of toward it. I'll be back to check on you tomorrow. I'll also be setting you up for physical therapy every Wednesday, starting this Wednesday." The doctor finished his check up, nodding to the boys as he walked past to make sure they heard him.

"What's in the bag?" Raine immediately asked Changbin in a hoarse voice before coughing. Changbin smiled. "Well, pipsqueak, I figured I'd buy you one more gift." He sat the bag down on her tray and moved the tray in front of her. When she opened it her eyes widened and she covered her mouth as tears filled her eyes. "Actually... That's a lie. We all chipped in for it." He smiled warmly.

Raine slowly took a bracelet out of the bag. You wouldn't think a bracelet was anything to cry about, but Raine was crying. The bracelet was a chain with little decorations on it. It had a small stray kids light stick dangling from the chain and the words "stray kids" on the chain. But the best part was a small heart and picture of her mom in the heart, surrounded by a greyish substance. She furrowed her brows confused as she looked up at the boys for an explanation.

"During the time you were in a coma... We found out what happened to your mom. Kwan confessed to try to lessen his sentence, but he didn't get a lesser sentence due to his confession. All he got out of it was a chance of parole in 30 years... But we imagine he'll be denied. Anyway... Minho had an idea.." Chan explained, looking at Minho.

"He told all of us and we got to work on it immediately. Felix hunted down your mother's grave in Australia with his parents and sisters help. We were able to gain "gaurdianship" over the grave and have her cremated instead. Do you know what cremated means?" Chan asked her. When she shook her head no, Felix knelt down by her.