six

With a big goofy grin and a skip in her step, Lauren practically skipped over to her locker Friday morning, unable to keep thoughts of Camila and their amazing daughter from her mind. After the perfect day they had yesterday, Lauren was positive she wanted Camila back. But it wasn't going to be that easy. She had to win her back in more ways than one. Not only did Lauren have to have to win Camila over, but also her mother and sister. Who Lauren knew wasn't too happy with her. But her mom on the other hand... She was thinking she was willing to give her another shot.

Lauren hummed to herself as she popped open her locker and got her things for homeroom when she heard a female voice behind her.

"Where were you yesterday?"

Lauren jumped in fright then turned around with a wide eyed expression, putting her hand on her heart. Why did everyone have to sneak up on her like that? "Kendall, hey." her smile was back as she shut her locker.

Her girlfriend stared at her suspiciously. Today, she was sporting a pair of white lace shorts, a maroon shirt with white designs on it and Lauren's maroon and off white varsity jacket that had navy detailing, which were the school's colors. On her feet she wore off white combat boots that were folded down, showing off the flowery details.

Lauren observed her outfit with a small frown. "Wh... what are you wearing?" She asked in bewilderment, looking her up and down. Didn't she know it was the middle of October? Yesterday was warm but it was freezing today - as freezing as it could get in Miami. Lauren guessed it was at least in the fifties outside. In Miami, that was jacket weather. She subtly glanced over her head to see what Camila was wearing. Her locker was only a few down from Lauren's and she always got a good view of her.

Camila had decided to dress for the weather and had pulled on a pair of black leggings with a black sweatshirt that had an Albert Einstein quote on it. Her hair was down over her shoulders and she wore little to no make up, unlike Ivy who went all out. On her feet were her usual black converse, and she wore her red-checkered backpack along with it.

Lauren smiled secretly to herself, approving of her outfit. At least she was dressed normally. She found herself comparing the two girls a lot lately... And of course the mother of her child won every time.

"What?" Kendall frowned, looking down at herself. "I'm wearing your jacket."

Lauren looked away from Camila and back at her girlfriend, frowning softly. "Yeah... But it's like fifty degrees outside. It's freezing. You're in shorts."

Kendall rolled her eyes and crossed her arms as she looked at her. "Whatever. So where were you?"

Lauren shrugged, rifling through her books to make sure she had everything. "I was studying."

"Uhm, no you weren't. I called your house and your mom said you weren't home."

"I didn't say I was studying a-- w-why'd you call my house?"

"Because you weren't answering your phone. It kept going to voicemail. And since when do you study?"

"Since I failed History class."

"Really? Or since Mr. Stevens assigned her as your tutor?"

"Why are you so hung up on this?"

"Because you spent the entire day with her and her kid at the park yesterday!"

"Wha-- how'd you even know about that?"

"Dinah told me when I called asking where you were."

"Wait. You called my best friend?"