16|Choices

Kiara was lying on her bed down in the lab with her headphones on over her ears, as the craziness upstairs just escalated to the brink and she was in a state of denial, as she didn't want to think about anything at the moment.

She heard the door open and she pulled off her headphones, as her suit immediately held up the flight stabilizers as weapons. "Easy, it is just us." Kiara sighed.

"Stand down, Mark II." She said quickly and the suit backed down all too quickly, and she quickly clapped and in response, the lights came on. "I thought you both were taking time off to focus on school or something." She said as Hunter and Hickory came over and sat in one of the so many cars that Tony had in their lab downstairs.

"We realized that we couldn't leave our charge in the car of a bunch of to be drunk adults." Hunter replied and Kiara laughed at the words, as Mark II was walking around to the fridge.

"It wouldn't be the first time that I was left to my own devices during a party of my dad's. Soda?" Kiara asked as Mark II brought over a box of different soda that Kiara had hidden in the bottom of the fridge. "Sorry, my dad doesn't keep the alcohol down here." She said and Hickory took a Diet Coke, while Hunter swiped a Coke and Kiara took a couple of Ginger Ales for herself.

"How are you, Kiara after what happened in Monaco?" Hickory asked and Kiara nearly spit out her drink, as she sputtered and coughed.

"I am so sorry, but, did you just say more than two words to me? What the hell happened?" Kiara asked and Hunter laughed at the question, as he looked at Hickory, who raised one of her eyebrows at him.

"Kiara isn't exactly wrong. You are kind of anti-social." Hunter said and Kiara looked at Hickory, who lowered her head a little.

"I tend to look at all people differently and talk to the ones who have saved a life or five. Especially if my brother is among them." Hickory replied and Kiara shrugged a little.

"That's fair. I don't have any siblings to my knowledge at least but honestly it wouldn't shock me, if there was a few out there." Kiara said and she was shaking her head. "Where did you learn to shoot like that, Hunter, you seriously surprised him." She said and Hunter chuckled.

"I needed a sport. We grew up hunting, fishing and farming. Our parents set up targets for us to shoot at, right after we finished up all our chores on the farm." Hunter said and Kiara nodded slightly.

"Cool. Was that a good warning shot or something?" Kiara asked as Hunter lifted his shoulders and he didn't want to say anything more, so she left the subject alone.

Until they all heard a crash upstairs and Kiara summoned her suit, before she realized that it was probably her dad in the Iron Man suit. "Oh my god, what the hell..." Kiara said under her breath as she pulled up the footage of upstairs. Mark II walked over to her and Kiara stepped back into the suit as it closed around her. "I am sorry, you two, but I have to deal with that up there." She said and the twins looked at each other quickly, before they looked back at her as the suit's helmet closed over her face.

"What can we do to help?" Hunter asked and Kiara nodded a little at the offer.

"Get everyone out of here if you can manage it." She said and she opened the door, only to run into Rhodes who had his eye on a suit. "No, Rhodey! He will lose it if you show up in one of those."

"I don't care." The voice that greeted her wasn't Rhodey anymore, it was simply Colonel James Rhodes and he wasn't screwing around.

"Fine, but you are going to dig your own grave." Kiara snapped and she looked at the twins. "Take the elevator and clear everyone out. Make sure the guests leave the property. Go." She said and the twins disappeared into the elevator as she took the stairs.