You Reap What You Sow

A deep darkness settled, swallowing the entire land, as another night approached. The entirety of the garden faded into its pitch-black void, though for him, it was long since trapped within it.

Wormwood stood in an open field, awaiting. He knew what the other creatures feared, he used to fear it too, once. In that abyss, a creature even more dangerous than himself stood, however unlike him, it was entirely omnipotent. It knew what happened eons ago, and vaguely what was to come soon. It controlled anything and everything of this world, as if it were but an amusing dollhouse to play with.

Although it was as such, it was not the most supreme being existing within this realm, nowhere near. No, none who began as mere mortals could ever get any close to Their status. They created this void, along with its magic, They were the beginning and They will be the end.

While he could never compare with his Mother's magnificence, no matter how much he'd try, though he never truly had. Not until it was too late, and he grew too ambitious, too comfortable. He wanted to do things his way, he proclaimed to Her as such. He loved these creatures, he valued this life. She didn't see them as worth Her while.

But he could've never foreseen this.

He had found this place, but he had failed to fix it, in turn, it corrupted him. Turned the smallest amount of divinity he had into an infernal curse.

He supposed he deserved it, he strayed too far from his Mother's way and thus, fate decided to retaliate.

He had pleaded for mercy, for a second chance, for redemption, to be freed from this malediction. For that, She conditioned him with two engraved stones, of which meanings he was yet to decipher, always interpreting the words wrong.

Perhaps that was intentional. Perhaps their riddle wasn't meant to be decipherable.

...Perhaps the reason for it was that She wished She had never created him in the first place. He couldn't blame her for it if She had.

But whether she truly had or not, did not matter, not tonight.

He'd make that decision for her. He'll make this right. Remedy Her greatest flaw.

Himself.

He supposed that would be the first time She'd actually be happy with him.

Regarding the Grue's presence. It could cause him no harm. While he couldn't see with his eyes, he could sense her presence there. She knew of it, she never stood any actual threat to him. Maybe it was her choice. Nothing was actually stopping her from destroying him if she so pleased. She must've enjoyed watching him suffer.

-" Come out. Know you're here... " He spoke out in a monotonous tone.

He sensed her approach. She was intrigued by his demeanor.

-"Hello, Wormie. We never converse much, what's with the sudden change of heart?"

He scowled at the diminutive." I don't want to talk...I want something from you...please "

She smiled. "As polite as you ever were, dear. That makes much more sense. What can I get for you? Perhaps you've wisened up and finally decided to join my cause?"

He shook his head. " No. Never. Not doing that...Love Mum too much...and I don't like...your lot. "

She shrugged, playfully rolling her eyes. "Oh well, I expected as much."

Wormwood's shoulders sank. He was going to do this either way. What's wrong with asking?

-" can you...break...me? "