Chapter 5: Confession

The blue pi'illo has been lying on his bed for a while now, staring at the ceiling. He starts to feel tired even though he was just lying there. He slowly drifted off to sleep until... BANG, a loud noise that came in the room. The blue pi'illo quickly got up and stare at the door, it was a young pi'illo child and a cat quickly grabbing stuff off the ground, it was Galax and Snoozy. "Snoozy! We need to be careful—" Galax was cut off after changing their attention to Nitelight.

"—I am so sorry Nitelight!" Galax apologized to Nitelight, "did I wake you up?" Galax asked. Nitelight shook his head, "nope! I was just thinking about something, I wasn't sleeping at all" Nitelight said, pretending to forget he was almost about to go to sleep. Galax sighed in relief, "okay, that's good" Galax said, Snoozy mew. Galax grabbed the stuff they and Snoozy brought in, Nitelight tilted his head to the right, "what do you have there?" he asked, Galax put the stuff in a closet, "oh, it's some things I found around the castle! Dreambert said I am allowed to take them" Galax said. Nitelight laid back down on his bed, staring at the ceiling again, "alright, that's nice Dreambert let you keep those" Nitelight replied to Galax.

Galax nodded and finished up putting the stuff in their closet, the pi'illo went on their bed to lay down and Snoozy followed. "Speaking of Dreambert... he wants you to meet him on the balcony! He said he needs to talk to you about something important" Galax said. Nitelight quickly got up, "something important, like what?" He asked, Galax got comfy on their bed ready to go to bed, "he didn't say anything, he just wants me to send you to him" Galax said, "I am going to sleep now, goodnight brother" Galax said, drifting off to sleep. Nitelight was worried what the prince wants him for but he got out of bed, "goodnight Galax" Nitelight quietly said to the young pi'illo. He turned off the light in the room and left.

The balcony isn't that far, both the bedroom areas and the balcony being connected to each other. Nitelight looked down at the railing, staring at the Battle Ring at the bottom floor. Nobody really uses it except the guards and Nitelight, they use it for practice, but after Nitelight heard that the Mario Bros. used it to get the Zeekeeper's Feathers and continued using it for some challenges. He was happy that two brothers used the Battle Ring and not only the pi'illo guards and himself. Nitelight continued his walk to the balcony, going through the doorway to it.

After walking, Nitelight saw Dreambert sitting on the wall railing and staring at the sky. The night sky is pretty tonight, the stars sparkling in the pitch black sky and the moon staring down at everyone, it's really calming with no noises except the wind singing quietly. Nitelight joined Dreambert by sitting next to him and also staring at the sky.

Without changing his head's direction, Dreambert spoke up, "the stars are really bright tonight, it's nice watching them

Without changing his head's direction, Dreambert spoke up, "the stars are really bright tonight, it's nice watching them... with you" Dreambert turn his focus to Nitelight. The prince smiled at the knight, the knight smiled back.

"You probably are wondering why I requested you to come here?" Dreambert asked, Nitelight nodded. Dreambert went back staring at the stars again, "we have been friends forever now and we also need to catch up on a lot of things after... all those years sleeping," Dreambert turn to look at Nitelight again. The knight tilted his head to the side, trying to know what is he going on about but he thinks this is a confession or not. "There is a weird feeling," Dreambert said, "and everytime, I see you, being... yourself," Dreambert went to hold Nitelight's hands onto his. Dreambert blush in embarrassment, "why is this is really hard? I should've asked for advice for this earlier," Dreambert whispered to himself. Nitelight free one of his hands from Dreambert and put it on Dreambert's shoulder, patting it.

"Come on, hurry up and say it! We don't have all night," Nitelight said, "just pretend you are holding some kind of important speech." Dreambert looked at Nitelight and nodded. He took a deep breath and finally spoke up again, "I just want to say... I love you!" Dreambert said a bit loud. Nitelight's eye widened and his face turning red a bit. Dreambert looked away from Nitelight's face, "do... do you also feel the same way?" Dreambert asked, Nitelight stayed quiet for a bit, thinking. He then nodded, "yeah, I've been having the same feelings for years now, never really have the courage to confess," Nitelight said, "till now," he continued.

Dreambert looked at Nitelight again, both the prince and knight looking at each other. Nitelight smiled at the prince, "I also love you," Nitelight said, they both stare at each other and smiled. Nitelight quickly hugged Dreambert and his face started to get wet with tears. Dreambert also started crying too and returned the hug. "I will always be by your side till the end," Nitelight said quietly to Dreambert, "me too," the prince replied.

They both still hugging each other, not wanting to let go. Though, they want to stay in the hug longer but they both remember they need rest for tomorrow. They both broke the hug and stare at each other, they both jump off the railing and landed on the main platform of the balcony. "Alright, I will be going to bed now," Dreambert said, "I love you," he added. They both finally kiss each other. They both blush in embarrassment by it, but it feels nice knowing someone who actually loves you the same way as you do towards them kisses you. "I love you too," Nitelight said to the prince.

They both left the balcony and went back to their rooms. Nitelight opened the door to his room and took a peek in it, making sure Galax is still asleep. The young child pi'illo is actually still asleep, same with Snoozy, Nitelight sighed and went to his bed. The knight took off his scarf and hat, putting them in a drawer that was next to his bed. He then lay on his bed and stare at the ceiling, the blue pi'illo was still blushing from the kiss him and the prince share. He started to think about what to do now that he and the prince are dating now, while thinking about it he slowly fell asleep.

While Dreambert, he was doing the same thing. Laying on his bed, staring at the ceiling and surprised of what happened tonight. He started to wonder what will happen in the future, now that he confessed to Nitelight and getting the knight to confess his love too. Dreambert started thinking what to do to improve their relationship, even though they both have been friends forever now and know almost everything about each other! But Dreambert wants to do something special for Nitelight in the morning and the morning after that, and other mornings. Dreambert doesn't want to think about it anymore and decide to go to sleep, he will do something tomorrow.

-

The next day, Galax and Snoozy were the first ones to wake up and are ready for the day. Galax looked at a sleeping Nitelight, thinking about wanting to wake him up or let him sleep a bit, they decided to do the latter and left the room with Snoozy. Galax was on their way to leave the castle's walls to hang out with Eldream and the Zeekeeper for their tea party, but the child stopped and saw the prince walk in the bedroom area.

Galax and Snoozy walked up to Dreambert to say good morning, the prince said it back to the child and the cat, "so, Dreambert? Do you have any plans for today?" Galax asked the prince, Snoozy meow. The prince nodded, "yep," Dreambert replied, "but is your brother awake?" Dreambert asked the child. Galax shook their head, "nope, he is still asleep. I guess he isn't used to waking up early like he used to before" Galax replied to Dreambert's question.

"Thank you, Galax," Dreambert thanked the child, Galax nodded and left with Snoozy. Dreambert watched them leave. After he doesn't see them anymore he walked to Nitelight's bedroom door and slipped a letter under the doorway. "Hope you'll meet me there," Dreambert whispered and left the area...

 "Hope you'll meet me there," Dreambert whispered and left the area