47 - But I thought...

*Emma pov*

Today's July 20th and it's Chris's and I first wedding anniversary, but he's still in Prague filming at least for another week or so.
I'm not mad for this at all, sure I wished we could spend the day together but he's working and that's ok, we can celebrate once he's back.
Before I even get out of bed I send him a text, he should be filming right now...here it's just over 9 am so in Prague it's 3pm.

I go shower bringing my phone and the baby monitor with me just in case Millie wakes up. I take my time doing a hair mask and taking care of my hair, I haven't done that in a while...and then do some skin care before getting dressed and going to check on Millie.

"Good morning sunshine" I say entering Millie's room, she's wide awake standing in her crib with Dodger sat beside it closely watching over her
"Good boy Dodge"
I pick her up and after changing her out of her dirty diaper and opening the windows in her room to let the hair change we go downstairs in the kitchen and I prepare breakfast for the both of us.
She's beginning to eat by herself and of course she's using her hands, so since the weather is still hot I mostly put her in the high chair for her meals in just a diaper, cause she always gets food all over herself...and this morning was not exception...so we went to take a nice bath.

Once she was all cleaned and dressed for the day I decided to go for a nice walk, of course with Dodger too. So the three of us stayed out of the house the whole morning just walking and looking around. Millie's eyes always focused on something different she saw or on Dodger running after his ball when we stopped at the park.

Lunch time came and went, I did something simple for the both of us and then I gave Millie a bottle before her nap time, warm milk always does the trick, she was asleep in five minutes, laying by my side on the couch. I felt like resting my eyes too so before falling asleep I checked if Chris answered my text, which surprisingly he still hasn't and put an alarm on my phone just not to sleep the whole afternoon...I still have things to get done!

When I woke up I fell asleep gentle hand caressing my head, I turn towards Millie but see that she's still sleeping
"The other way sweetheart..." I hear
"Chris?" I say turning
"Happy anniversary baby" he tells me leaning down to kiss my lips sweetly
"I...but I thought..."
"I know" he says sitting besides my legs "I asked the Russo's if I could work more hours to wrap my filming so I could be home today and I did that and here I am!"
That's why he never answered to that text...
"You didn't have to overwork yourself..."
"I'm ok...and I'm here, right where I want to be" he says leaning in again
This time I close the gap kissing his lips softly for a few times and whispering against them "happy anniversary, I love e you so much!"
"I love you too!"

After staying hugged for a few minutes he goes upstairs to shower and as he does that Millie wakes up and I play a little on the floor with her
"Is that my baby girl laughing?" I hear Chris asking
I turn around and he's coming down the stairs rather quickly to just scoop up in his arms his daughter
"Hi baby, daddy missed you so much!" He tells her peppering her faces with tons of little kisses which makes her laugh and grip Chris's chain in her tiny hands.

The remaining of afternoon was spent playing with Millie and Dodger, Chris then proceeded to cook dinner for the three of us. He set the table nicely, lights were dimmed and a few candles light up in the room.
As we ate Millie stayed on Chris's lap, munching on some of his food.
I offered to clean the kitchen up as he put Millie to bed later in the evening.
"Sleeping like the little angel she is with Dodge guarding her..." he says wrapping his arms on my waist form behind and beginning to kiss my neck
"Good..." I say tilting my head just a little more to give him more space to work on
"And I think we should leave this stuff here, think about it in the morning...what do you say?"
"Love the idea..." I say spinning around in his arms and looking up into his eyes
He gently picks me up, my legs and arms around him as he starts to walk upstairs to our bedroom.
Once there he gently lays me on the bed and then hover over me, leaning down to softly kiss my lips.
"I love you so much Emma"
"Show me..." I whisper against his lips which makes him groan.
We tease each other as we slowly take our clothes off, little moans and groans filling the hair before we become one.
His thrust slow and calculated, our hands linked together near my head and our lips slightly grazing as the moon lights shines through the window
"Emma...dear god..."
"Come with me Chris..." I whisper against his lips
"I-I don't have..."
"It's ok, I'll take a p-pill tomorrow" I tell him panting
Three more thrust and we're goners...

"I love making love to you" he says nice we're all showered and laying in a freshly made bed, wrapped around each other
"I love when you make love to me too"
"Night baby"
"Night...love you" I say just above a whisper as I'm already joining dreamland
"Love you too"

A/n
Hope you guys had a good weekend and that you enjoyed this chapter!
If you have suggestions please feel free to leave them in the comments, tell me what you think on this book🤍
(This was posted yesterday Monday 4th December but apparently the majority of my readers didn't get a notification on it so I'm uploading it again...)