99 - Closing the circle

*Chris pov*

"One last push"
"Come on sweetheart, I know you can do it"

It all started earlier this morning when after Emma and I woke up and make us and the kids some breakfast that she went into labor.
Yesterday she had a lot of back pain so it was matter of hours.

At eleven o'clock my brother and Steve arrived to pick up the kids and Dodger.
"Say goodbye to mama and dada" Scott tells them as he handed Steve the Dog's leash.
"Bu-bye" the twins say waving at their mom while Millie went rushing to her and hug her legs tight, understanding more what was going on
"I'll see you tomorrow babies" Emma says
I walk them to the door and give each girl a kiss and a hug and tell them to be angels for their uncles.
I promised to keep Scott and Steve updated as well for the rest of our family.

It was minutes later when Allie, the midwife, arrived and started checking Emma that was already at a five cm of dilation, things were progressing pretty fast.
Yes we choose a home birth again, last time it was unexpectedly twins and everything went perfectly smooth, this time instead of calling 911 after and do a quick trip to the hospital Allie suggested that we had two extra set of hands, and of course we met them as soon as our birth plan was defined. Their names are Lexi and Autumn, Allie has been working with them for so long and she trusts them with every fiber of her being.

"So twin boys this time around?" Autumn asks
"Yup..."
"Are you excited to add boys to your clan?" Lexi says
"Very! Although I think Chris wouldn't have minded to have girls again..." Emma confesses
"You got me...guilt as charged..." I say coming back into the living room where Emma is now relaxing and practicing her breathing techniques.

While we waited I tried to distract Emma from the labor pain playing a stupid game with her and then she choose to face time her father who was currently on his way back from a trip with his friends.
"Dad I have to go, Allie is gonna check me again, Chris will text you to keep you updated"
"Best of luck sweetie"
"Thanks dad"

It's only a few minutes after the call when Emma's contractions start to get more powerful and closer together, it's almost show time
"One more centimeter" Allie says gently rubbing Emma's shoulder.
We're basically all set and Emma is in the guest room bed trying to get into a comfortable enough position to push.

"It fucking hurts..."
"I'm so sorry sweetheart, I'd take all the pain away only if I could"
"You're probably one of the few woman I never heard insulting her husband or telling him it was his fault during labor" Autumn says making Emma stifle a laugh
"Well...as much as it fucking hurts right now, it's the best thing it could ever happen to me, becoming a mom to wonderful children with the person I love the most" she says looking up at me
"That's so sweet!" Lexi comments
"I'd do that forever, giving birth to our kids..."
"I love you"
"Love you too"
"Ok lovebirds, sorry to interrupt but someone really wants to make their arrive!" Allie says positing herself in between Emma's legs as she pushes for the first time when a contraction strikes.

"One last push"
"Come on sweetheart, I know you can do it"
"Uuuuuu"
"You are doing so good Emma" Lexi tells her as she lets her grip her other hand
My eyes keep shifting from Emma to the precious little boys Autumn is checking right now
"How is he?" Emma asks through gritted teeth
"He's a very health baby boy" she assures us
And it's with the next contraction the our other healthy boy comes into the world
"Baby I'm so so proud, you did so good" I say kissing her lips
"I'm all sweaty Chris" she say pulling away
"I don't give a damn, you just gave birth to our babies and I want to kiss you"
"I love you so much"
"Impossible Emma, I love you more" I say pecking her lips once again nice and quick and this time she returns it.

After cutting our second boy umbilical cord, making sure all three of them were just fine in the next three hours, we were left alone with the precious babies in our arms as we laid in our bed.
"Don't you think it's crazy that all our babies were born in the first day of the month?" She asks
"I was thinking about that earlier, it's so crazy" I tell her "Aren't they so cute?"
"Super cute, they're gonna steal thousands of hearts in a few years time" Emma says making me chuckle
"Let's not think about the future now, let's just soak in this moment, I want to be here forever"
"Me too"
"Thank you Emma"
"Thank you Chris"
We softly smile at each tiger before returning our attention to the boys sleeping soundly all cuddled up to us.

chrisevans and emmawylerevans

Liked by shannae and 5

Liked by shannae and 5.827.156 others

chrisevans and emmawylerevans Born on 07.01.2025 our twin boys James Robert Evans and Parker David Evans.
Our hearts are full and our family complete💙💙

Comments disabled

chrisevan

A/nHope you like this chapter and the names I decided to give the boys, now each kid has their grandmothers/grandfathers second name

A/n
Hope you like this chapter and the names I decided to give the boys, now each kid has their grandmothers/grandfathers second name.
The day after tomorrow it'll be this book last chapter, exactly six months after starting it, what a cool coincidence! But don't you fret another Chris Evans book will start soon!