Chapter Four: Day One

After an argument upon arriving at the palace about where Ren would sleep, she went to her new room and went to bed early despite his wishes. The next morning, Ren groaned upon hearing noises around her and mumbled, "Five more minutes." A maid informed her that the King wanted her ready for breakfast. Ren sighed deeply, not caring about what he wanted, and tried to go back to bed, but another maid pulled off the blanket. Ren opened her eyes and glanced at them, saying, "Alright, I'm up!" She sighed and sat up as they pulled her from the bed and quickly helped her get ready, although she hated it and said she could dress herself. Once done, she sat at the dining table, sighing contentedly upon seeing her mother walking in and sitting beside her. "Are you okay?" her mother Zaria asked. Ren sighed and poked at her food, replying, "No, but it's only two days, right? It can't be that bad," lying to herself. They ate until they saw the king arrive and sit down. He glanced at her as he ate, but Ren sipped her juice and ignored him. "So, you will come with me to a meeting soon with a different pack to talk about some humans who are setting up traps in my land and theirs, and possibly yours as well," he explained, biting into a muffin. Ren put her cup down and replied, "Very well, if it involves my home." "Good. We leave in ten," he said, drinking his coffee and then leaving the dining room. Ren finished her food shortly, kissed her mother on the cheek, and headed outside with him. They both climbed into his car, buckled up, and he started driving. "So, do I have to keep calling you King, or does Your Majesty have a name?" she asked, rolling her eyes. "Silas," he replied and kept driving. Ren became silent as they rode into town, getting out and walking into a cafe. "There you are, Silas!" a male said, waving over. Ren followed him to the group and sat down. "Is this the future queen?" someone asked. Ren glared at them and he replied, "This is Ren KhaosNox Thomas." "From the powerful clan... KhaosNox Thomas?" one asked. "Yes," she smiled proudly. Then they started talking about the traps set by humans and to be careful out in their lands. Hours later, the meeting was over, and Ren finally arrived back at the palace. Since they ate at the cafe, she went to find her mother to discuss what was said. Dinner happened quickly, and Ren went to her room and passed out after a long day.