Chapter Ten: Wedding Jitters

Ren was forcefully confined to a room when she and Silas arrived at his palace. Silas informed her that she was to stay there until the wedding that night. The maids were instructed to provide her with a dress and assist her with anything she needed. After Silas left, he locked the door from the outside. Ren, feeling trapped and overwhelmed, threw a flower vase at the door in frustration, shattering it. She collapsed on the floor and cried, missing her loved ones. The maids approached her and helped her up, then proceeded to do her hair, makeup, and dress. They sat on a couch and waited with her since they were not permitted to leave until the door was unlocked. Ren gazed out of the window, lost in thought until her room phone rang. She quickly walked over to answer it.
Ren: Hello..?
Zaria: Hey my lil bunny.. you ok? Dean told us what happened. You do not have to marry him.
Ren: Mama... he'll do something bad to the kids.. and it's either go with him to stop the war. Or keep fighting till one of us dies..
Zaria: Sweetie..
Ren: I'm sorry Mama.. I'll miss you all so much..
Dylan: We will find a way.. when the wedding bbg?
Ren: Be too late.. it's tonight..
Dylan: Damn.. we will try our best to do a plan...
Ren: Kay dada..
"They said 'I love you' and 'bye,'" Ren sighs deeply and lays on the bed, taking a nap. Hours later, loud music is heard, and Ren sits up fast, looking around. "Good, you're up. Let's go," Silas is by the bed, grabs her arm, and yanks her up. "Ow!" She winces, not just because he pulled her arm, but because her right ankle is broken. "Laura, get her crutches. Now!" He orders a maid, who rushes off and comes back in a few minutes. "Thank you," Ren takes them and walks herself, following behind Silas.

They reach the ballroom in the palace, decorated with the royal colors of blue, black, and gold. Many high species are seated, including his Beta and pack. Once in front of the priest, he starts talking, and Ren looks around, worried not to see her family. "I do," Silas smiles, and Ren's heart starts racing, scared. "Do you Ren take Silas as your Alpha,  King and Husband till death do you two apart?" Priest asks. Ren eyes widened. "I..i.." she stutters.