Chapter Seven: Preparing For Worst

Once Silas left, Ren slowly let go of Dean and lay back down. "Sorry.. " she whispers looking down. Dean looks at her confused. "For?" He asks. "Everything. You getting involved.. me being so selfish.. If I marry him.. I'll lose you and our kids..my family.. parents..siblings.. I'm afraid" she blinks tears. Dean looks to the side. "It'll be ok.. " he whispers. Ren looks at him unsure. Feeling her fears the best of her. "It's never ok.. I keep making mistakes and problems for everyone... I wish I was never born so the family is safe and happy..wish we never dated so you can be happy without me in your life.. " she whispers back. Dean stands up feeling angry. "Kay" he walks away and leaves the room. Leaving a crying scared Ren lying in her bed alone. "Bye Kitty.." she whispers.
Few days later in the hospital. She left and went home. Her father waiting for her and Grandpa outside. "Dada..Gpa" She runs to them and wraps her arms around them. "Hey, Mini.. you doing ok?" Her dad asks. Ren looks down after letting them go. "I'm fine.. just worried.. did we start training and getting ready?" She asks. "Both our clans are getting prepared.. but I'm having you and every other female leave this place soon. " her Grandpa explains. "What no. I'm not letting you guys do this alone. I can help!" She clenched her fists. "The answer is no. You need to protect the females in the packs. Your mother and I will try to stop the war from happening somehow. " Dylan her father says. Ren groans annoyed. "Let me help calm the fucker down. He wants me. " she mumbles. They look at each other. "Fine. But don't do anything rash" Grandpa says. "Now let's go train.." they led Ren to the training field. They trained for hours till night time.
Dinner time was a big feast for everyone to get their strengths up slowly.
When bedtime came. Ren was reading a magic book from her mother. Trying to find something to help during the war. "Mama sleepy time " Zaylan coos from lying by her in bed with Mae and Makayla. All three awake and looking at her. "Ah. Yah. Love you sweeties. " she smiles down at them. Puts the book away and turns off the lights. Curls up near them. And closes her eyes drifting to sleep. Her mind raced trying to prepare for the worst that could happen in the war.