Awaking from a Dream

Alice, don't you remember? Said a voice.

"Can't you remember anything about our time together?" The voice had a young female tone. It was calm and faint to hear but still there was some kind of emotion in it. "

Why can't you remember Alice?" The tone changed from calm and faint to aggressive and loud.

"Wasn't I good enough for you?!"

Alice her eyes opened, seeing only a dark brown desk where she is laying on. Her arms under her head. She must have felt asleep in her classroom. With a terrible headache she looked up seeing an empty classroom.

"My head, it hurt like someone has hit me with a brick on the right side of my head" Alice said.

Alice is a 24 year old teacher at the Silent Hill Elementary school.

As she looks into the classroom she notice that the world seems more grey. A depressive atmosphere overruled everything else. As she looks outside, the only thing visible for her is the fog. The fog was so thick that you could see 5 meters perhaps. She is worried. No children in her class, the fog outside is dangerous and the world seems more depressive then it already was for Alice.

Alice stood up with still a terrible headache. She walked to the medical cabinet in the back of the classroom to get some aspirin for her head. As she walked by the mirror she stopped and looked.

"I look tired, maybe a some coffee would help." Said Alice. Alice was a pretty blond woman. She had a slim figure and cute face. If you would meet her, you would immediately recognize the trustworthy aura she has. She walked to the cabinet and took a small box of aspirin. So took 2 pills with some water and walked to her desk to get her cup.

"Where are the children, school already started and they are not here. Are there parents to scared of the fog?" While Alice was thinking about what is going on, she walked to the teacher lounge to get some coffee to wake up.

"Where are all the teachers? Nobody is here." Said Alice to herself. As she walked through the hallways a faint sound of footsteps could be heard coming from the north side of the school. Without hesitating Alice walked toward the sound with the hope of finding someone. As the sound draw closer to hear another sound could be heard.

"Crying? The person is crying? The crying...I think it is from a child." Alice took a run for it. A crying child in this, weird, abnormal situation cannot be good. She ran pass the lockers, around the corner, looking around her where the child could be. The crying drew closer, she made a left turn and at the end of the hallway a little boy was crying in the corner. Alice walk slowly to him. "it's okay little boy, why are you crying?" Asked Alice to the little boy. No answer replied. "Are you hurt? Or are you scared from the fog?" When Alice was close to the boy, she sat down and putted her hand on the boys shoulder. He looked at her with tears in his eyes. "Please Alice don't leave us" the boy said while he was still crying. Alice didn't understand. She doesn't know this boy but he does.

"I won't leave, okay? Don't be sad, I won't leave." Alice replied.

The boy stood up, whipping the tears away.

"YOU ALREADY HAVE!" Yelled the boy and he ran off.

Alice, who was a little shocked from his reaction yelled to him: "Hey wait. Come back it is all okay."

Alice stood up and ran after the boy. She ran through the hallways, following the sound of the boy his footsteps. Then a hard, metal sound echoed through the hallways. "The cafeteria." said Alice to herself.

She ran around the corner and saw the metal doors of the cafeteria. She ran towards it and pushed the doors open with great force. As she stood in the cafeteria the whole world went black. Pure darkness replaced the lights in the school in a second. It was pitch black. Alice was scared, her breathing accelerated, just like her heartbeat. Tears of fear came out of her eyes. Alice was terrified from pure darkness, this reminded her of her heavy depression, her view on the world and how the world saw her. She couldn't see a think, only hear the footsteps of the little boy. She reached in her pocket for her phone. Turned it on and used it as a small source of light. The little light illuminated a small area but enough to see around her. Everything had changed. Walls, tables, benches, chairs everything looked decayed. Still made her feel even more terrified then before. She looked around for the little boy and found him sitting behind a trashcan. As she slowly walk towards him, she noticed that he stopped crying. She putted her hand on his shoulder and said: "Come we have to get out of here." The boys head turned to her and Alice screamed and jumped back. The boy didn't have eyes. The place where his eyes should be where now 2 blood soaked, empty dark hold. Alice tried to move but was unable. She froze out of fear. The boy slowly move to her with his arms stretched out to find balance on objects around him. The boy grabbed the legs of Alice and he screamed faintly. Alice snapped out and pushed the boy back with her feet. She grabbed her phone and ran away. She looked back to the boy who stood up again and followed her footsteps. She tripped over a fallen chair, hurting her arm. She was a little disorientated. The boy grabbed her leg again and faintly screamed. "Leave me alone!" Yelled Alice to him and kicked him away. She stood up ran out of the cafeteria. After exiting she stood still for a second, the whole school was devoured in darkness. Alice illuminated the hallway and also saw that the whole school was decayed. After realising this she started running to her classroom. "Get the keys, go to the car and get the hell out of her." Was Alice telling herself. She ran past lockers and took a left but was stopped by a barrier of barbed wire. She turned and ran the other way. Looking around and thinking that this was just a bad dream. "I have to wake up." She keeps telling herself. She busted in the door of her classroom. Opened the desk, grabbed the keys and she froze. Her whole classroom was full of children. Children with no eyes. Only blood soaked holes. They all sat behind their desks. As Alice illuminated the children they started moving. Moving toward Alice with cries of sadness and pain. Walking towards her, hands reaching out to Alice to grab her. Alice tried to scream but the fear was too much to do so. She ran out of the classroom.

"To the exit, I have to get out, I have to wake up!"

She took a turn right and kept running. Her phone was still illuminating her path. She could see a meter of 3, maybe 4 straight ahead. She took the last corner.

"Finally, I can get out." She told herself.

When she took the turn, she stopped. A silhouette was standing in front of the main entrance. Alice took a couple of steps forward. Just enough that her phone could illuminate the silhouette. When she saw it her heartbeat accelerated again.

"That is impossible, I can't be. You cannot be me." Alice said.

The silhouette looked the same as Alice only the silhouette missed its left eye. A large open wound was in there. It looked like an exit hole of a bullet. Blood was dripping out the wound. The manifestation of Alice wore a black robe that had blood stained spots on the left chest side. The manifestation started to move towards Alice.

"Stay back!" Alice screamed. "Leave me alone! You are not me, you cannot be!"

The manifestation didn't react and kept moving towards her. Alice turned around and ran away.

"The rear exit, I must find it."

She ran through the schools playground but that wasn't good either. The trees where dead, some covered with blood others burned. Some crying children where in a corner and the structures where the children could play on where more for torture then for fun. Alice slowly fast it by. The metal doors slammed open and the Manifestation and the Children were moving through it. Alice cried.

"Why can't you leave me alone?"

The reaction where cries from the children, painful, ear shattering cries. Alice covered her ears and moved on. She slammed the door metal doors open and ran for the rear exit. After passing the corner she saw the rear exit. Still in great fear, she made a run for it. Hearing the monsters behind her made her cry more. With the keys in her hand she made a final, all out sprint to the exit.

"I made it, please work and go open"

She pushed the key in the lock but it was stuck.

"Fuck, no please don't, please don't do this to me." Said Alice while crying. Her fear and panic became too much. With almost no stable hand it was impossible to open the lock. As the monster drew closer she became more panicked and angry. Just when felt the cold hand of the children grab her jacket the lock opened. She slammed the door open and was blinded. A bright greyish light shined in her eyes. She couldn't see anything, nor feel the cold hands. She tried to find something to hold on to but felt on the ground in the attempt doing so. She could feel her head hurt but couldn't identify what it is. After a minute her eyes adjusted. She was back in the fog. The grey depressive world was back or she was back in it. She didn't understand what was going on. but she knew that, that dark world was real. Her head was bleeding from the fall she made. She stood up and looked at the school. The metal doors where closed with chains.

"How is that possible? What is happening here?"

Alice didn't understand a thing from this. No one was on the streets, the fog was unnatural thick and there was no sound. Alice walked in the street, in the hope to find someone. But after a half hour of walking, it became clear that the town was deserted.

"This isn't possible, what happened when I was asleep?"

"I need to go home, maybe if I sleep or take some medicine for my incredible headache this will stop."

With that in mind, Alice start walking home.