The Dead of a Thousand Thoughts

Alice blocked the door with a cabinet that was standing next to the door. She pushed it against the door and a second later the banging started of the dark children. Alice took a couple of steps back and breathed heavily. She then looked around to make sure she was safe and then sat on the chair to rest.

"Why is this still happening?" Alice asked herself.

"And what did the manifestation mean by 'you will learn more in there'? Am I really forgetting something important about myself?"

"Yes you are." A deep and hollow voice answered.

Alice looked up and saw the manifestation again, standing 6 meter to the left of her.

"What.....do you want from me?" Alice asked and she rose the gun again.

"The gun is empty, you fired the last round into Charlie his head."

Alice pulled the trigger and a hollow clank sounded. The gun was indeed empty. Alice looked at the manifestation and noticed that it was twitching a little. Like it was in pain.

"What do you want?! I know you are in pain!" Alice screamed to the manifestation.

"I want you...." The manifestation answered in in a way that it really seemed having pain.

"I want you to ...learn the the....TRUTH!" As the manifestation said the last word it fell on its knees, grabbing its own head out of pain and the world around her started vibrating. Alice noticed that the head wound of the manifestation was bleeding heavy and the moment after she saw that her headache exploded in her head. She fell on the ground screaming in pain.

"GO! You must go quick." The manifestation told her. After that the manifestation screamed with a high piercing tone and the asylum turned into darkness. The vibrations stopped and Alice her headache became less painful but it was still there. She took another morphine pill.

"I know it is too much but that pain isn't going away and I can't handle it anymore." Alice told herself. She took out her flashlight and turned it on. Again the whole asylum was decayed and scary but Alice could control her fear a little bit. The beginning of this strange world was terrifying, but she is controlling the fear better now.

Alice waved her flashlight around the administration to see if something was with her, but is was quiet and empty. Only some furniture and papers. Alice was still thinking about what happened with the manifestation. It really looked like it was trying to help her and forced itself into a great pain by doing so. Why was it doing that? She walked to the desk and noticed an undamaged, clean paper file on the it. Alice doubt about it if she should read it but something in her forced her to take a look. She picked up the document and looked at the cover.
"Medical File of Ryan Addore"

Alice was a little shocked, Ryan Addore was her ex-boyfriend who tried to rape her. He was also here. Alice couldn't handle her interests and opened the file. One piece of paper was in it that said: Patient Month Evaluation. Alice started to read the report about him.

"Patient R. Addore has been here now for a month. The reason he is here, is because of multiple cases of rape. The court gave him 25 years in the asylum to "recover" and after that a life time in jail. Still the patient isn't recovering. After a month he raped 3 female patient in the asylum and over 30 attempts of rape and abusing. Patient is locked up in the holding cell."

"He really is a sick man." Alice told herself. She putted the report back on the desk and heard something. Soft female crying coming from somewhere down the main hall.

"Someone is here...I can't trust that..." Alice grabbed the iron pipe she got from her sister out of the hospital in her right hand. In her left hand she grabbed her flashlight and she slowly moved towards the crying. As she moved closer the crying became louder. It didn't sounded like a child but more like a middle-aged woman. Alice walked closer, crossed a corner to her right an saw a silhouette of woman crying in a corner. Alice moved a little closer and then shined her flashlight on the woman. The woman turned her head to Alice and looked at her. The woman was in tears and she was in a deep fear.