Let Your Powers Shine

Hiro looked at her like she was crazy.

The water is now halfway up their necks now.

Flower gleam and glow, let your powers shine.

(Y/N) sang as quickly as she could, the water coming up to their chins.

Then they were completely submerged.

Mochi didn't like it. His fur felt like it was separating from him.

Then (Y/N) hair glowed. It casted different bright colors in the water, lighting up the dark water. Hiro yelped in surprise, accidentally breathing, water filling his lungs. (Y/N) hair floated around, and a part of it floated to the bed of rocks. (Y/N) and Hiro glanced at each other and swam towards it. They rapidly tugged at the rocks, digging through it.

When (Y/N)'s chest began to burn, Hiro hit the jackpot: he pulled out a rock and light from outside shone in, water rushing out. (Y/N) floated next to him and helped him tug out a couple more until the hole was big enough for the both of them to tumble out.

They quickly plopped onto the shore, quickly gasping for air. Mochi meowed in protest and shook until his fur poofed up. The excess water rained down on (Y/N) and Hiro.

"We made it," (Y/N) cried, awkwardly standing up, for her hair was weighing her down and the dress clinging to her body. "We made it!"

Mochi meowed.

"Why does her hair glow?" Hiro asked hysterically. "She has hair that glows!"

"Hiro," (Y/N) called.

"She has hair, that glows!" he cried to Mochi. Mochi just nodded, quite amused at the boy freaking out.

"Hiro!"

"Why does it do that?! Unbelievable!"

"Hiro!"

"Oh my gosh! What?!" he cried, snapping up his head to look at her.

She smiled at him as she pulled up her hair. "It doesn't just glow."

Hiro leaned back. "Why does she mean by that?" he squeaked. Mochi smirked at him.

Grunting, Wasabi pushed hard on the trapdoor. It creaked and then popped open. Wasabi poked his head out. Darkness was starting to set it, for the forest was creating more shadows. It must be sunset right now. He painfully hopped out and Fred followed. Their clothes were still dripping wet and they stumbled around like drunks.

They barely made it out alive when the water crashed onto them. Luckily, Fred managed to grab hold of a ledge and pulled himself up to dry land. Then they followed a tunnel that wasn't affected by the dam.

"That damn Hamada," Wasabi cursed. "I'll kill that damned boy."

Fred snorted. "Dam Hamada. Hah."

Wasabi glared at him.

Unbeknownst to the duo, someone had been waiting for them.

Wasabi stopped when he heard something rustle.

The person fell back into the shadows, disappointed that they weren't who he was looking for. But then he realized what Wasabi said.

"If I find him," Wasabi growled, "I will kill him."

"Woah bruh, calm down," Fred said.

Callaghan stepped out of the shadows. "May I join you two fellows?" he asked.