Chapter 62: No More Heartbreaks

Kol was seated on a stool hunched over the bar sipping at a glass in hand, when Davina marched in angrily across the floor until she was in front of her father

"You just left, no goodbye! Do you have any idea how that made mom and me feel? Oh no, because you just left!" She yelled at her father angrily.

Kol stood quickly, stunned at her appearance, "What are you doing here?"

"I tried to use magic to track you, then I realized you were hiding somewhere magic couldn't reach." She answered him.

"Davina, you should go." He told her.

"Why did you leave without telling us? Do you have any idea how hurt mom was! She was crying her eyes out when she came home!? And what about Miracle? Or me dad? Do you know how that felt? And why would you come back if you weren't going to tell us? Why are you walking away?!" Davina angrily asked him.

"I didn't want to go, nor was it my intention to come back. The Ancestors won't let me leave. The second I got to the city limits I started to dessicate. I'm cursed, love. Those witch spirits have their hooks deep inside of me, they allow me no peace. Just a hunger that I can't control." Kol sat back down, feeling defeated as he drunk from his glass.

"There's got to be a fix, just promise you'll never leave us again dad." Davina begged him "We need you dad."

Just then, Davina's phone begins to vibrate.

Davina sighed and answered Marcel's phone's call.

"I'm in the middle of something."

"Davina, we have a situation. Lucien went after Cami and her bit her."

"What? Is she-?" Davina trailed off.

Davina shared a concerned look with her father.

"No, no, no, she's still alive. Klaus is with her at the compound, so is Risa she is trying to help Cami with her pain. Max and Miracle are also there. I'm headed there now, let me come and get you."

"No. I'll meet you there."

"Be careful, alright? Lucien could be anywhere."

With that, Davina hang up without another word, visible upset at the news of Cami's condition.

Davina was beginning to make her way out with Kol following closely behind her, clearly attempting to stop her leaving.

"I'm not arguing with you, if I'm going to save Cami I need to go right to the source of the problem." Davina told him.

"Lucien is an unstoppable monster made by the Ancestors, the very people who have hexed me. This could very well be a trap!" Kol tried to reason with her.

Davina suddenly stopped walking and whip around in frustration to face him.

"I have stood up to Klaus. I'm not afraid of some second-string copycat."