Chapter Five

"I swear everyone is looking at me today." I mumble as I type some orders up in the staff room. Chloe, my favourite charge nurse is with me, and she just smiles.

"It might be the eyelashes. Or your glowing skin, maybe it's the permanent small smile on your lips." She says, making me blush and roll my eyes. "You really love him, don't you?" She smiles. I just roll my eyes again and she giggles. We get our orders in, and I look down at my left hand.

It's been three days since our shopping trip. Admittedly the enhancement of my appearance must be startling today. I still look replenished after our shopping trip. I don't really like the attention, but it reminds me of this new path I'm on. And I am excited.

"Is that a longing gaze to your ring ringer?" Chloe asks, making me blush and hide my hand. "And you got your nails done?" She asks, making me groan and put my hands in my pockets. "You're so cute."

"Okay, I still have meds to write up Chloe." I say and start typing. She smiles and is paged away.

Only on an eight-hour shift, doing clinic, I have a lot of energy as the last hour rolls around. I glide through the halls, and I even have a little time to daydream. I wonder what the view will be like at the hospital in Canada. I'm hoping for more trees and a couple less sirens. I'm looking forward to new coloured scrubs and time to explore. I'm ready to take my next step in life.

"Dr Gibbs to OR three." The PA system says. "That's Dr Hannah Gibbs to OR three." I frown in confusion, but I rush over, putting a mask on and sanitising my hands before I walk in.

"Thomas." I jump, there is no operation happening here. Looking around I see shadows in the gallery, so there are people being sneaky up there, watching. In his suit and no mask, I pull my mask off, putting it in the bin. I walk to him, and he takes my hands.

"This is the operating room we operated in together. It was honestly where I first realised just how amazing you are." He says softly. "And how driven you are, and how good of a team we are. Hannah, I have grown to love you, more than anything else on this planet. And I can't go another day without dedicating myself to you for the rest of my life." He says and drops to his knee. "Would you do me the honour of marrying me?" He asks, pulling a black box from his pocket. Opening it to show me the ring we designed. It's perfect.

"Absolutely." I breathe out. He smiles so widely, his eyes shining as he slides the ring on my finger. He presses his forehead against mine and I wrap my arms around him.

"You're mine Hannah." He says softly, hearing his smile in his voice.

"You're mine Thomas." I tell him, making him smile and lean over, switching on the lights to the gallery so all of our closest colleagues and friends can clap.

"I wasn't planning on there being an audience, but the news spread when I booked the OR for fifteen minutes." Thomas says and kisses my forehead. I have to pull him out of the OR, and we have about five seconds of privacy before people swarm and my hand is pulled so they can see the ring.

"That is ridiculous." Chloe gasps. "That ring." She awes. I blush and Thomas pulls me in, kissing the top of my head. I look up at him and his smile glitters down and tingles my cheeks. "I need to take pictures for you, to remember the moment." She says, pulling her phone out of her scrubs top. I smile and Thomas happily agrees, we take pictures for a few minutes then move back into the operating room. "Should we get one kissing?" Chloe asks.

"I think that's enough for now, I have one more patient to see in clinic before we can go home." Thomas says, kissing my hand. I check the time and see I am running a few minutes late to my own last patient of the day.