Chapter Eight

I wake up with a butterfly plaster on my arm. Thomas is so gentle he didn't even wake me when he took out my IV. I sit up feeling a tiny bit rough, but I've felt worse after a long shift at the hospital. I shuffle out of my room and groan happily at the smell of eggs.

"How are you feeling?" Thomas asks as he plates up my breakfast.

"Hungry and embarrassed." I say as I sit on the chair. "I'm sorry about last night. I must have made you so uncomfortable."

"Not really." He shrugs. "You just said what we both feel. Maybe don't let my mum get you to drink with her, she doesn't say no." He chuckles, putting me at ease.

"I'll keep that in mind." I say as I eat. "You miss me too?" I ask.

"So much." He says without turning to look at me. I let the burning need to ask more fade and we just eat.

"What are your plans today?" I ask.

"I'm on call, so I can't have any plans until seven." He says. I nod and I put my empty plate in the dishwasher. "Why, do you want to do something?" He asks.

"We're... not supposed to." I remind him.

"I didn't get to celebrate with you yesterday. I can make an exception." He says with the kindest smile.

"Well you know what I want." I shrug. "Time."

"You really are easy to please." He smiles. "I can't promise all day, being on call." He says.

"Take me in with you." I say. "I'll watch from the gallery, that would be fun." I smile.

"You really just want to be with me that bad?" He asks. I nod gently and the spark in his eyes comes back in full force, making him breathe out and his shoulders slump. "Hannah." He breathes out, in I think a happy way. I give him a nervous smile, unable to read him and he steps forward, wrapping me in his arms and spinning me around happily. I laugh and I feel me and little me glow.

"I take that as a yes." I smile.

"Yes, princess. I might even let you in on an operation. Might not get you paid though." He says, running his fingers through my hair.

"I get to cut, and I get to be with you? I'll take it." I say, wrapping my arms around him. I swear he looks at my lips before he pulls me in, our heads next to each other, rather than where they should be.

"What should we do while wait to see if we get called in?" He asks, pulling away from me. "It's still celebration time."

"Hot chocolate and movies." I say, letting little me answer. She hasn't been around in years, so I let her choose.

"Whatever my princess wants." He says, stepping back to the kitchen to make our drinks and I hop to the sofa. I put on Cinderella, a good one to start with, and Thomas joins me. "I gave you extra marshmallow." He says and settles into the sofa. I blush and I sip the hot chocolate.

"Thank you." I say, earning myself another smile. God, it feels like everything is right with the world again. I watch him more than I watch the film. It's delightful.

"Now, I have no idea how someone can love someone at first sight like that." Thomas says, making me snap back and look at the TV.

"Me neither." I admit. "But I believe memories can be altered in love."

"How so?" He asks, looking directly at me, making my heart beat harder.

"I think when you love someone that much, you think back to when you first met, and you can't imagine ever not loving them. So your heart, your soul, or maybe just a love drunk mind comes up with love at first sight." I explain.