Chapter Twenty-Nine

"It sounds... okay." Teddy says as we have lunch together. It's my last week of seminars, and it's my time away from Thomas, which I wouldn't say I want, but it's time I need. This week is just scheduled time with the teachers to go through techniques and discuss research, so I enjoy it, but I linger when the time is over, so I spend time with Teddy, mostly talking about Thomas.

"It's nice." I tell her and sigh softly. "It's cosy and I love growing closer to him again. I just can't get over him and Eva." I tell her.

"That was a dick move." She agrees. "But he's dedicated to you now, right?"

"Yeah, he's made that very clear now." I nod. I'm surprised at how confident I am in that now. I just can't get over how it makes me feel, remembering the sight of them together.

"Then, you don't really have to worry about her anymore. If Thomas and the life you'll have with him is what you want, don't let her stand in your way." She says, and I bite my lip, looking down.

"Yeah." I sigh again. "I just don't know if the trust is there. I don't know, there's something inside of me, stopping me from diving back in, which is what I think I need to do, and what I want to do with Thomas."

"I get that." She says softly. "I'm not jealous of you, Hannah." She adds, making me smile and say goodbye, jumping into Joe to go home, needing time with Thomas even if there is a barrier there, he calms me.

"I am so excited." He says, opening the door before I get to it. I smile and feel little me get excited by the look in his eyes, I think little him is there too.

"Why?" I ask, putting my bag down by the door and sliding my coat off.

"My phone says we have half an hour." He says, taking my hand to lead me to the dining room where there's paper and a pack of crayons. "We are going to draw."

"Draw?" I ask with a gentle smile, sitting at the table as Thomas opens the pack and dumps out the crayons. "What do you want to draw?"

"Anything, but nothing you want to keep the same." He says, confusing me. "Just trust me. I saw it online and I instantly ran to get what we need." He says with the cutest look on his face, he looks younger, excited, carefree.

"You're so beautiful." I say sincerely, making him laugh gently and blush, grabbing a crayon. I smile and look at my page for a moment before grabbing a dark blue crayon. "So, what inspired this?" I ask as I get into the flow with my drawing.

"Well, I wanted to plan something to do with you and I have a list of things now, but while I was scrolling I saw this one and it was actually something to do with kids. I thought of you and how you had to grow up, looking after your mum and everything. I thought it would be... healing." He explains. Little me keeps my hand drawing but me, big me gets a little teary eyed.

"If I wasn't desperate to finish my shark I would kiss you so hard right now." I tell him, making him laugh and blush just a little harder.

"It's not going to stay, looking like that." He says and looks at me with wider eyes than normal, waiting to make sure I'm okay with that.

"I know." I assure him as I grab a different shade of blue.

"So, what is it with you and sharks?" He asks.

"Oh." I shrug. "I don't actually know, I just always liked them. My mum used to take me to the aquarium, and I just stared at them for hours. They're really misunderstood and well, I just feel connected. Especially whale sharks. They are so pretty and they're huge and gentle." I explain, showing him my crayon drawing. He smiles widely at me and checks the time on his phone.