18 - Was he ever mine?

She couldn't believe her eyes. The sight of Naomi stumbled back with a broken heart. Her feet weakened beneath her. She placed a hand on the wall beside her, steadying herself. She refused to allow herself fall.

She nodded her head in acceptance. With a heartfelt sigh she returned to carry the bottles. Her eyes shutting momentarily as Anthony's name crossed her mind. He would never treat you this way. A voice whispered in her head. And she pushed it out of her mind just like she did to the pain and loneliness.

~~~~

A knock on the door broke her out of her thoughts. She dumped the plates back into the sink, drying her foamy hands with a cloth beside her.

She opened the door and watched as a tall, slim woman pushed her aside and pushed her way through. Naomi stepped back and closed the door. The woman turned to her a tight smile gracing her face. "Naomi. So its true that you're back. It's been long."

"Sasha. What are you doing here?"

"I came to meet your mom. Is she in?"

Naomi sighed, "Yes. She's asleep. But since when have you become acquainted with my mom?"

"Since you left." Sasha's gaze shifted to the upstairs "Do you know when she'll be awake?"

"No Sasha I don't"

"Ok then. I'll be on my way. Tell her that I came to see her, will ya" dumbfounded Naomi nodded

"I guess"

Sasha smiled, "Thanks. You're  such a star. Oh, and before I forget. I'm not sure if your mom told you... I'll tell you anyways. I would love to see you at my wedding. I'm getting married in two weeks time. Your mom would tell you all the details."

Naomi blinked "M-married? You?" Naomi pointed at her, jabbing her in her belly "Wow. That's amazing. Congratulations. Sasha I'm really happy for you" Naomi said as she stomped towards the door, snatching it open for sasha to leave. "I'll let my mom know that you'd come. Bye bye" she smiled, ushering Sasha to get out. She couldn't care less of Sasha's upcoming marriage. James' betrayal was already enough of a burden

Sasha grinned, her perfect set of teeth on display "Thank you so much Naomi. I really appreciate it."

Naomi giggled, it sounded like a pig squealing. " You're welcome." She forced another smile, her patience running thin. She opened the door wider "You may leave now. Tell the bridegroom I send him my congratulations. Bye bye"

"Oh James would be happy to hear it. He's really excited for this marriage too." Sasha squealed as she hopped up and down, clapping her hands together. Naomi's face scrunched up as she watched the spectical being displayed before her.

"What are you doing? You're embarrassing yourself. Stop it."

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. It's just I'm so excited"

"Feel free to take your excitement outside with you. I was busy before you came. May you please exit the premises. Thank you very much. Leave."

"Naomi. You don't understand. I'm going to become a Mrs Johnson. People will start calling me Mrs Sasha James Johnson. I've waited for this all my life"

"Wait? Mrs... Mrs Sasha James Smith?" Naomi's face paled as it dawned on her "How? Wait what. Sasha? You're getting married to James. James Smith?"

Sasha smiled a proud smile "Yep, unbelievable right?" She giggled "And it's a matter of time you think of getting married too. You're not getting any younger Naomi. As beautiful as a rose can be, it still fades away and loses its petals"