Chapter 45

Please ignore the mistakes:)

Word count : 3.3k

Third Person Pov

The slow thud of the matt black door opening and then closing resonated in the silent home as Taehyung rested his back on it as soon as he stepped inside.

Tie loosely hanging, sleeves rolled up till his elbows with three of the upper buttons opened revealing a sweaty toned chest and the coat on his shoulder. He breathed exhaustingly with closed eyes.

He kept standing there for a few minutes for two reasons, one he was waiting for his Bun to come down running to him with his bright bunny smile- exclaiming in his cheerful voice a welcome home and then waiting for a peck from him like an obedient baby, as he always does.

The other reason was pretty noticeable– He was tired as hell to the point he didn't have energy to move his limb to climb up the stairs. He was standing by completely leaning all his weight on the door.

He waited.

And when he did not feel the presence of the younger after all this while– he sighed and opened his eyes to check the time.

12.55 am.

"Shit" He exhaled heavily.

He came home late.

Again.

Jeongguk falled asleep while waiting for him.

Again.

It's been going on like this since the day they came back to their home– A week.

It's been a week since they're back and it's been a week since things changed erratically between the couple.

They're not on talking terms anymore. None of them know the exact reason, maybe they know but are ignoring it.

The last time they had a conversation was when they were at Jeongguk's parents' home. After that they had barely shared a word or two when needed.

The first thing Taehyung did after landing in New York was taking Jeongguk to a best orthopedic- ignoring the younger who rambled continuously that it wasn't needed as his ankle was almost healed but who was Taehyung to listen to.

Later he got busy in his new project the same day and Jeongguk, well his routine is quite the same but what changed was the glow of his face, which is so gloomy lately like he's been holding in a sob which would erupt the very moment if anyone asks him if he's okay?. He's been passing his days with an ache in his heart.