Chapter 47

Please ignore the mistakes:)

Word count : 6.7k

Third Person Pov.....

It feels like time has stopped, and the string of breaths has suddenly broken. That's exactly how Jeongguk felt when he saw what was in front of him.

A car crashed badly into a lamppost, and from the looks of it, it seemed like whoever was driving might not have survived. His heart dropped at the thought of what might have happened to the person that the car collided with. And that person is none other than his husband, the very thought made him dizzy.

"N-no." He stumbles.

The crowd didn't take long to gather, which made it difficult for him to see anything, "N-no, Tae-Taehyung!!" he shouted running towards the crowd.

"No, nothing can happen to Taehyung, nothing will happen to him." With a trembling heart, Jeongguk pushes people aside, clearing his path.

Finally, when he comes face to face with the scene, he immediately covers his face with both hands because of what he saw was something he was not expecting at all-

The Blo0d on the road.

"No, no, no!" He trembles, retreats backward.

"T-taehyung! taehyung." His knees gave up as he lifelessly fell on the road.

He wants to run towards Taehyung, hold him in his arms, and say everything that's in his heart, but... doesn't it seem like he got a little too late?

Just a little longer— Today, he realized how important it is to spend a small moment with the person you love endlessly.

If only he had stayed a little longer at the office. If only he had listened to Taehyung for a while. If only he had given Taehyung a chance to speak.

Who knows, Maybe in that short time, Taehyung would have said something that would have cleared all of his doubts.

Maybe in that short time, they could have resolved the conflict that arose between them.

Maybe in that short time, he would have expressed his love for Taehyung.

And maybe in that same short time Taehyung would have expressed his love for Jeongguk too— if only, if only.

But fate had something else decided for them.

Jeongguk himself is responsible for this situation- he knows it.

He doesn't have the courage to go and see what lies ahead of him. Apart from crouching down and shedding tears- he couldn't do anything more.