004. plotting

iv

iv.       plotting  ❜  ── .✦✮⋆˙
────────────────────────────

THE NEXT MORNING started slow, painfully slow. Not to mention how I was going to off myself if I heard the words 'Derek Hale' and 'werewolf' in the same sentence for the millionth time.

1st period was biology and I couldn't have been despising it more. The clock had barely moved.

At this point, I couldn't wait for it to be over. The teacher's voice droned on as she mumbled mundanely about the different kinds of cells.

I was just about to start focusing to pass the time but then, I heard my phone vibrate. I leaned over to my bag and slipped my hand in the front pocket to get my phone. Once I did, I began to read the message, contact name - 'Stiles'.

'Have you talked to Scott since last night?' the message read.

I don't know why he couldn't have asked me after class but I still replied because I was bored out of my mind, 'No, I don't even think I've seen him today'.

As we kept texting back and forth, I heard the bellow of my name from the front of the room.

"Miss Forbes?"

I won't lie, it scared the hell out of me. I immediately froze and looked up in response.

"What seems to be just so interesting underneath your desk?" She interrogated.

Giggles dotted here and there echoed throughout the classroom.

I paused for a second, "Nothing that you would need to worry about, you can continue."

"I'll continue when I want to continue, Amalia." She began, pacing towards my desk. "I'll also have that phone that you have in your hand too."

Busted.

As she approached me with her palm out, I knew I had to think fast. Without considering the plan or the consequences at all, I shoved my phone deep into my bra and folded my arms.

Her face contorted with both shock and confusion, as did with the faces of the pupils around me. I was in now, no going back.

"Amalia, your phone."

"Unless you're gonna come and take it yourself, I'd suggest you reconsider." I retorted, all while praying that my careless front wouldn't get me a detention.

"I'm sure you'd love to reconsider your decisions today, Miss Forbes..." 

No, no, no.

"...in detention, after school."

Remember when I said I was going to off myself?

I caught a glimpse of Stiles in the corner of my eye holding in his laugh. Feeling somewhat defeated, I slumped down into my chair.