006. hidden in plain sight

vi

vi. ❛ hidden in plain sight ❜  ☽☾
───────────────────────────

WE WAITED IN Stiles' jeep until we saw Derek get into his car and drive a safe distance away.
Stiles then drove the jeep closer to the house and parked it.

We all got out, in which Stiles and Scott both made their way to the boot and took out shovels.

Stiles then held up a third shovel and gestured towards me.

I turned around and looked behind me frantically, before I turned back around to face him.

"What are you doing?" He sighed.

"Looking for who that's for."

He laughed. Until he realised that I was so serious.

"Amalia. Take the damn shovel."

"No, no." I protested, shaking my head. "This is a fresh set." I lifted my hands up to display my recently done manicure and waved it around in his face intentionally close.

"Okay, okay! I get it." Stiles eventually exclaims, softly pushing my hands out of his face.

"Although, I'll be happy to hold a flashlight!"

"How thoughtful." He mocks and tosses me the flashlight.

The three of us walk to the side of the house where we see a patch of earth that had been messed with. As we were walking, Scott spoke up, his voice pinged with a sense of concern.

"Wait... Something's different."

"Different how?" Stiles responded uneasily.

"I don't know..."

Once we reached the suspected gravesite, we stood and stared. What were they waiting for?

"Hello? Let's get this over with." I proded, waving my hands over the piece of land.

"When you imply 'us', you must mean Stiles and I." Scott replied.

"Of course not... this is a group effort!" I smiled, propping myself up against the wall.

The two boys stared at me blankly.

"Tough crowd." I muttered, "Consider me moral support. Get to work, boys."

Scott eventually jammed his shovel into the ground, stomping on the spade-end with his foot to push it in further before scooping up the dirt and throwing it aside.

"Oh and be careful!" I began, "I really like this top so don't get me muddy or whatever."

They both tossed some dirt at me in response, but hit the wall behind me as I dodged with a shriek.

Rude.

...

The two worked extensively in silence for the next few minutes. In the mean time; I checked Facebook, played Temple Run and took pictures of myself.