007. cheer up

vii

vii.    ❛  cheer up  ❜ㅤ˙ᵕ˙ ☾.
──────────────────────────

WE LOOKED ON in horror as the top half of what was once a living girl, laid before us. The cherry on top was that she was looking right back at us, her eyes soulless and dark.

I was so done.

4.01pm

Ring. Ring.

I glanced at the contact name and turned my phone over. I was totally and utterly over this werewolf stuff, the whole partial body thing freaked me out.

Derek was finally getting arrested and I would've came to watch but that was not the state of mind I needed to be in for that night's match.

School was finally over and I was about to hop into the shower in preparation for the lacrosse game because this was not only the first game of the season but it was the cheer team's big break too.

My phone kept ringing so much that I couldn't even think, so I gave in and reluctantly picked up Stiles' call.

"Can I help?"

"Well hello to you too, sunshine!" Stiles chirped, sarcastically.

"Don't test me."

"Okay, okay." He resumed, "Ams, you haven't happened to see Scott by any chance..?"

Already on a bad start.

"What? I literally spoke to him like an hour ago. Isn't he with you?"

"Technically." He stated ambiguously, I could already tell that he was holding back slightly.

"Stiles..."

"Maybe you didn't see Scott. Possibly a dog-like individual roaming the streets...?"

"Dog like individual-" I started to repeat, until it dawned on me. "Stiles! What did you do?"

"Nothing! I just kept the wolfsbane and he freaked out and jumped out the Jeep and-"

"You kept it?" I exclaimed, "Aren't you the wolf expert here?"

"Werewolf and yes!" He corrected.

Now this boy was just playing in my face. I couldn't fathom how he had just 'lost' Scott and now he was giving me an attitude.

"I'm hanging up." I declared.

"No, don't hang-"

I tapped the red button and tossed my phone to the side before standing up to get ready.