008. who let the dogs out?

viii

viii. ❛ who let the dogs out? ❜ ⭒☾
──────────────────────────

"So, you killed her?"

"Let's not say that so loud, maybe." I clarified to Stiles whilst looking around.

Scott just shrugged exasperatedly, "I don't know. I just woke up. And I was sweating like crazy, and I couldn't breathe. I've never had a dream where I woke up like that before."

"Really? I have." Stiles raised his eyebrows at Scott's remark, "Usually ends a little differently..."

"First of all, gross." I said, turning to look him dead in the eye, "Second of all, no."

"Got it."

"Never give me that much detail about you in bed again." Scott reiterated, in a disgusted manner.

"Also, noted."

"Besides, I've never had a dream that felt that real before."

"Maybe you were lucid dreaming. A hybrid situation including both features of REM, or rapid eye movement, sleep and waking. Events tend to feel much more vivid or real... " 

After sharing what I thought was common knowledge, the pair just paused and stared at me like I was speaking a different language. So, I immediately backtracked.

"...or not."

Stiles took a deep breath to rejuvenate and began speaking again, "Let me take a guess here–"

"No, I know– you think it has something to do with me going out with Allison tomorrow, like I'm gonna lose control and rip her throat out."

"No, of course not."
"Well, yeah."

Stiles and I responded at the same time but I tended to be slightly more blunt. Whilst Stiles, he liked to beat around the bush.

"...Yeah, that's totally it." He eventually admitted.

Scott sighed in response, his features overcome with a glum expression. Stiles immediately attempted to reverse this by rambling.

"Hey, come on! It's gonna be fine, all right? Personally, I think you're handling this pretty freakin' amazingly. You know, it's not like there's a Lycanthropy for Beginners class you can take."

I thought it was pretty motivational but Scott wasn't impressed, as he threw his arms up as if to say 'seriously?'. But the rambling did seem to work, his expression slowly contorted to that of newfound awareness.