𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

𝘚𝘵𝘦𝘷𝘦

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

I did not want to be in the city this morning.

I didn't want to be in the city for a plethora of reasons. I was tired of my men not able to handle their territories without me hovering over them. I was tired of my accountants screwing up the laundering. Legal money was ending up in offshore accounts and my illegal dealings were landing in my onshore accounts. It was a constant headache, every time I entered the office I was called back out by another dumbass fucking up a relationship with another one of my alliances. And, if we're being completely honest, the main reason I didn't want to be here, was because Aurora wasn't here.

There was a sort of calm that came with being around Aurora. She made me see the world in a new light. Aurora was sheltered, while she wasn't chained to her home, she was told to stay home as often as possible. Her father had made her world so small, so she would be absolutely terrified to step out and experience new places, and new things. Yet, it gave her a sweetness you don't get to see very often. She thanked everyone, no one was below her. She made friends with ease because she was just so damn easy to talk to. And she made my mind still. When Aurora was around me, there was no extra noise, it was just blissful silence. I've never slept so well, never eaten so many meals, never smiled like I did with her around.

Bucky walked into the office, and my brow instantly dropped, he was supposed to be at the manor with Aurora. As much as he drives me insane with her, he's the only one I trust with her life. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"It's about Aurora." My heart stopped, the pen falling from my hand and ink splattering across the white paper. The contract would be ruined but I was too focused on trying to calm the seizing of my chest. Did Dante and Enzo come back? Did they kill her? Did Angelo lay his filthy hands on Aurora? Was she married and screaming because she couldn't get away? The room was spinning, tilting, vibrating. I felt the air filling my lungs but it wasn't enough. It was never enough. Words weren't coming to me, I couldn't ask anything. I didn't even notice the smirk on Bucky's face while he watched me.

"Bucky," Aurora's sweet voice filled the office and everything slammed into me at once, as soon as her voice filled the space I was slammed back into reality. "That was mean, you were supposed to say I had stopped by."

"I apologize, Mia Cara," Bucky offered Aurora his hand to help her up the two steps to my office, "I like to see him sweat sometimes."

"Jackass," I muttered under my breath while I reached for my glass of water, my mouth felt bone dry suddenly, I hated when I panicked. And then I looked up, freezing when Aurora appeared in front of me. She looked like a fucking dream, her blonde hair curled to her mid back, two pieces framed her face while half was pulled up in intricate braid, gray eyes framed flawlessly by her makeup, a nude lip that I wanted to smear. And fuck her body, she wore a navy blue dress, so tight I could see the swells of her breasts with each deep breath, I could see the hips I loved to grab each nice and I'm sure her ass looked amazing. The gold heels that slid up her calves really sealed the deal. And where once my mouth was dry, I was now drooling over her.

"I didn't know you were stopping by today." I tried to clear my throat, pushing back from the desk so she could sit on my thighs, my arm wrapping around her waist as she did.

"I wasn't going to," her hands were suddenly fixing the collar on my shirt and my heart picked up, doing that god-forsaken fluttery thing that seems to be attributed to this woman, "But I got a call from Mamma, so I figured I could stop by to create a plan."

Ice water was dumped over me, and I studied Aurora's face, she seemed so calm, so relaxed. I did that to her. And while I was proud. I was fucking scared, she couldn't fall in love with me, I can't fall in love with her. Well, I could but it scared the fuck out of me. The idea of courting her was juvenile in my early days of being a boss, and while I enjoyed her company, she deserved someone a hell of a lot better than me. "What did she say?"