The Mistake (1)

"HE DID WHAT?!", Jay shouted on the phone. "No. I'm going to call him", the members had been currently at their dorm, enjoying dinner, when Niki called Jay. Back in Tokyo, after Niki had managed to calm down Nayoung, she fell asleep while he called his hyung immediately. "How is she?!", Jay's eyes fell on Sunghoon as he dropped his chopsticks and stood up. "Tell me when she'll wake up, Niki", he ended the phone call.

"What happened?!", Sunghoon asked instantly.

"K hyung", Jay started, passing a hand through his hair. "He tried forcing himself on noona, he tried to kiss her, but Niki got there and stopped him in time.", everybody gasped. "Nayoung-ssi did not take it well, she had a panic attack and Niki gave her some medicine to help her sleep"

"Why would hyung do that?!", Heeseung asked.

"Don't know. Niki only said he had been pretty angry with her, and she seemed scared mostly", Jay answered him.

"I need to go to her", Sunghoon muttered.

"There's no point. They're coming over on Monday, it's just two days", Jay expressed.

"But he", Sunghoon greeted his teeth. "You tell him to back off or he will regret it", he walked in his bedroom while slamming the door shut.

"Why would K hyung try to kiss noona when she's with Sunghoon hyung?!", Jungwon said.

"Something doesn't add up to this", Jake added. "Should I ask Areum-ssi?!"

"No", Jay uttered. "We're not bringing anybody else into it"

The following Saturday morning, ENHYPEN had rehearsal after rehearsal, when they've finished, their staff told them they had planned for dinner with their dance team since it had been awards season and they worked more with them. They reached the restaurant and greeted their dance team warmly, especially their backup dancers, who they had spent a lot time together during the "Bite Me" promotions.

"Sunghoon-ssi", Hana greeted him and waved at him. Hana had been his backup dancer and his close friend, they had been the same age, Hana had been half-American, half-Japanese.

"Oh, Hana-ssi", he smiled and sat next to her. "How are you?!"

"Good. We're heading to Japan next week, we're performing with &TEAM", she let out.

"That's good", he whispered. He had not heard from Nayoung or Niki since the incident with K, he had been furious. How she let this happen?! Why did he do this?! Did something more had happened between them that he didn't know?!

"Are you ordering a beer?!", Jake asked him and Sunghoon nodded. The members drunk, and so did their dance team, later Jungwon had been challenged to a dance battle at the middle of the restaurant. Heeseung had kept rapping to Daewchita, with chopsticks as a microphone.

Sunghoon had been mostly staring at his phone, waiting for her text, or call, he needed her back. He hadn't told his members about the breakup, he did not plan, he knew what they would say, he failed her, he failed their relationship by not trusting her enough. Now, with what happened to K, he did not know who to believe. But deep inside him, he knew; he knew she would never betray him like that.

"Sunghoon-ssi", Hana told him and he glanced at her. "Are you alright?! Has it something to do with Nayoung sunbaenim?!"

"No, everything's fine"

"Hey, you do not have to lie to me. I know that going through a breakup must have been hard", Sunghoon's head snapped toward her. "What?!"

"We haven't broken up", he said trying not to sound too drunk. "Where did you hear that?!"

"Koga oppa", she answered truthfully. "Why?!"

"We have not broken up", Sunghoon saw red, K and Hana had been close mostly through some common friends.

"That's what Nayoung unnie said to him", Hana said to him. Sunghoon clenched his fists. Why
would she say to K that they have broken up?! When they had promised each other they will not say anything yet. "Are you okay?! You look pale"

"I'm fine.", Sunghoon returned. He stood up and headed out of the restaurant to get some free air.

He exhaled sharply, passing a hand through his hair, and her face flashing through his eyes. He needed her. Suddenly, she felt a hand touching his arm and turned around, thinking it was her. Sunghoon leaned in to kiss her, and she kissed him. But something felt unfamiliar.

"Yah", a voice let out and he turned to see Jake and Heeseung standing outside the restaurant, both with shocked faces on. Sunghoon stared
at her and knew. He knew right then what he had done.

"I'm so sorry", he passed by Hana hurryingly.

Jay stepped out that moment and saw the other two looking weird. He eyed Hana and then his members.

"What's going on?!"

"You really don't want to know.", Jake let out. But they told him. Sunghoon had been in the bathroom, splashing his face with water, as if
he had been trying to wake up from a dream.

He grabbed his phone and dialed her number, waiting for a reply. The moment, he heard her voice, he exhaled shakily.

"Noona", Sunghoon asked slowly and sighed. "Did you tell K hyung about us?!"

"Sunghoon-ah", she said. "What's going on?!"

"Please-", he asked. "Just tell me that you", his voice had been shaking and Nayoung actually got worried.

"I didn't say K anything. He saw how I had been and figured it out, I did not confirm nor deny it", she expressed. "But you should know that I'm-", Nayoung let out. "I'm not starting anything with him"

"Okay", he said and sat down to the bathroom's floor. "I want to talk to you when you get back", he confessed.

"Okay", Nayoung repeated.

"Have safe flight back, noona", Sunghoon told her, she thanked him. They ended the call and he stayed at the floor. Would she forgive him?! He betrayed her, they may have broken up for
a month now, but she still felt his and he hers.

Jay found him inside the bathroom sometime later. He didn't say anything, just helped him back to his feet and he took him to the dorm.

After the phone call. Nayoung kept on packing her last of things while Niki had headed out to bring them sushi for dinner. Then, her doorbell rang on.

"What are you doing here?!", she asked, when she opened the door and faced him. K sighed heavily.

"We need to talk", he monotoned. "Nayoung, I need you to understand. I'm mad for you and", she chuckled, stepping away in order to have a conversation in private, he walked in. "I would never hurt you"

"You did.", she responded coldly. "In the most horrible way you could, I", K lowered his eyes. "You say you know me then you do something like this, so violating", K tried to speak. "If you dare come so close to me again, I'll personally talk to your manager"

"Nayoung-", he tried reaching for her, but she stepped back. Her eyes filled with anger. Why he did not understand?!

"Get out! I said, get out! I tried defending you, and your attitude but I can't do this anymore", she cried out. "Get out, and don't come back"

"You're making a mistake.", he told her slowly.

"The mistake was believing you understood! And that you would respect my boundaries.", she let out. "LEAVE, K", she screamed at him, tears rolling from her eyes.

He moved out of her apartment and slapped the door shut. Nayoung fell on her knees and cried. This had been her biggest mistake. She had lost Sunghoon, she might have lost him forever and only the thought of it, terrified her.

(If you enjoy the story, don't forget to vote👇🏻)