The Tension

"THEY WHAT?!", Areum said and probably the whole cafeteria had heard her. She had joined Nayoung at the company's cafeteria. "When?!"

"Could you calm down?!", Nayoung rolled her eyes at her. "They're coming in tomorrow, and we're going to the event together"

"Somebody pinch me", Areum exhaled happily.

"I could punch you if you want", Fuma showed up, with K right behind him, the Japanese boys sat with them. The four of them had developed a dynamic that had been quite unique. Fuma and Areum have been always bickering with each other like siblings. "What's up?!"

"Sunghoon and Jake are coming tomorrow.  We're attending Tiffany's event with them", Nayoung expressed.

"I need to do my nails and my hair", she turned to Fuma, leaning her head onto her hand, and batting her eyelashes at him. "Should I cut my hair?!"

"Why don't you shave it off?!"

"Yah", she hit his bicep. "I'm serious. I haven't seen him in weeks. I have to look irresistible", Fuma rolled his eyes. "You", she pointed at K. "What hairstyle do you like?!"

"I like bangs", K shrugged his shoulders.

"Bangs", Areum uttered. "Maybe change the color too?!", Nayoung smirked widely and nodded at her friend.

"We better head to practice", Fuma expressed. Fuma messed Areum's hair, kissing her on the cheek right after, K smiled gently at Nayoung, the Japanese boys left.

"Aish", Areum said watching them go. "Unnie, you think the whole thing with the age should affect me?!"

"I don't know", Nayoung returned. "It never affected me. I see them as equal people so", Areum checked her phone and yelped then.

"Now, definitely the whole cafeteria heard us", Nayoung told her.

"Jake texted me back! He said can't wait to see me again", Areum expressed. "We need to find what to wear.", she noticed Nayoung had been awfully quiet though. "Unnie, are you alright?!"

"There's a tension with Sunghoon, lately", she said. "It's been long since we've been on our own and"

"Wait", Areum said. "How long since you two, you know"

"Well, since Chicago but wasn't that much of an experience", she cleared her throat. "We're kind of in a hurry and-", her friend raised an eyebrow at her. "Okay, it's been a couple of months since we've"

"How many?!", Areum asked her.

"Since our vacation, our schedule didn't align in forever. When I got to Seoul, he wasn't there, and", she exhaled. "A woman has needs and you know"

"I bet Sunghoon is going even crazier than you"

"Yes. And I'd like to ask you a favor about that", Areum stared at her, knowing very well that she had a plan.

The next morning, Nayoung had been waiting for Sunghoon and Jake to arrive, they arranged to have them over at her apartment as she had an extra bedroom that Jake could sleep, it had been only for one night after all.

"Noona", he walked in, dropped his backpack on the floor and rushed to her. "I missed you", he embraced her and they kissed passionately.