(1) wanna be yours

꧁Third POV꧂

   It was a few days after the competition, 3 days to be exact. The club was in their room, chatting away.  Zander was complaining about the trophy, if we recall the prologue. Hailey dropped the trophy, what the two love birds didn't noticed during their heartfelt confession, is that the trophy chipped.

  "Hailey! How did you manage to drop it onto twenty minutes after receiving it!" Zander cried.

  "I'm sorry! It slipped out of my hands." Hailey said nervously, as if Zander would find out about what happened three days ago.

  "What were you and Jake talking about that could've possibly made you drop it!" He said, annoyed the trophy wasn't perfect.

  Hailey and Jake froze.

  Did he know?

  Was the question that rang through both their heads.

  "Uhm.. you know! Some drama between Lia and Zoey! Right Jake?.." she said nudging Jake a bit.

  "Yup! Exactly." He said nervously, as he scratched the back of his neck. The club looked at them, they had noticed how odd they were acting after they left them alone at the competition to get food.

  "Are you guys on something? You guys have been acting weird." Millie said, tilting her head while looking at the two.

  They nodded.

"Couldn't be better!" Jake said, he wasn't really lying. He was feeling so happy he was dating Hailey but he couldn't flat out say that.

  "Anyways, early today I bumped into Xavier and he told me to say hi to you Hailey." Zander said.

  Hailey's expression turned from nervous to upset.

  "Zander how many times have I said to stop bring up Xavier!" She said, frowning at Zander.

  "Why do you hate Xavier so much? I know he's your ex but still he isn't a bad guy, it just didn't work out." Zander said annoyed. "And maybe you can get back together he was a nice dude."

  Hailey was upset at Zander. Xavier was Hailey's ex boyfriend, they dated when Hailey's as a freshman. But he was a terrible person, he cheated, was mean to Hailey, and would sometimes hit her. She didn't tell Zander tho so he wouldn't have to stop being friends with him.

"Zander just shut up." She looked away. Zander rolled his eyes and went back to talking with Luke, Sean and Millie left to not deal with the drama.

"Hey Zander, how about we get you some grape juice to calm you down okay?" Luke said, leading him out the music room. Once the door shut Hailey locked the door, she sighed.

"Are you okay princess?.." Jake said, as Hailey pulled the curtain down to block the window in the door so no one would see in.

"No.." she sighed, Jake hugged her.

"Who's this 'Xavier' guy anyways..?" Jake said, a hint of jealousy in his voice.

  "My ex. He treated me like garbage and cheated on me. And.." Hailey stop at the last part.

  "If you don't want to tell me that's okay." He said, running his fingers through her hair, that somewhat comforted Hailey. She leaned on Jake, she sighed.

  "He sometimes would hit me. It wasn't often, but It happened." Jake was shocked, he hugged Hailey tighter.

How could someone hit someone as kind and beautiful as Hailey?!

"Hailey he was a horrible person and you did not deserve that. Have you told Zander?" Jake asked.

"No. I didn't want to ruin his friendship.." Hailey said.

  "I just want you to know Hailey i will never treat you like that. I promise to treat you like a goddess, I promise to never hit you or be disrespectful to you." He said, squeezing Hailey tighter.

  Hailey blushed.

"Thank you Jake.." she giggled. Then they heard a knock on the door.

  "Hailey! Jake! Are your there?!" It was Millie. Hailey sighed, she wanted to be alone with Jake more and hug him but she couldn't. Jake gave her a quick peck on the lips before they unlocked the door.

  "Sorry! The door still has the habit of locking." Hailey said, pretending to look at the door lock.

   "It's whatever, anyways we got some pizza for the two of you!" They threw a pizza box on the table.

"Let's dig in!" Millie said sitting down.

——————————————————-