(2) Jealousy

Time skip (a few months)

- Free period: a period where a student is not in a class and can roam campus freely without being surpvised
Warning:

-this has mentions starving yourself and feeling sick.

꧁Hailey POV꧂

I arrived at school a bit early so me and Jake could spend some time together. I walked to the music room and saw Jake waiting outside. He was on his phone, so he didn't noticed me. I quietly walked up, and scared him.

"Boo!" I said as I hugged him.

"AH!" He screamed. "Oh god! You scared me princess!" Jake said, calming down after he saw me. I giggled.

"Hehe!" I smiled, I got the keys out my bag and unlocked the club door and we walked in. We put our bags down and just sat at the table. We talked for a while until I heard a knock on the door and I turned my head.

There was head girl, the beauty of our school, someone who I'll never compare to, Daisy.

"Sorry! Am I interrupting something?" She peeped her head in.

"Oh hi Daisy! Of course not." Jake smiled, she walked in.

"You guys are here early!" She smiled and took a seat at the table. I both liked her and hated her, she was so kind and nice. She was a great friend and had helped Jake, but goddamn I hated her sometimes. She was Jake's exact type. Cute, a sweetheart, popular, and so beautiful everyone turns to look at her when she passes. I grumbled, I don't hate her but at the same time I do.

Jake and daisy were talking, I could hear were giggling and smiling. As if I wasn't here. I got up, grabbed my bag, and walked off, I wasn't gonna just sit there.

I went to the snack machine, I looked at the options, I was about to pick some chips but then thought for a second.

Maybe I shouldn't be eating this, Daisy is pretty skinny or from what I see. I'm not overweight, but I know I'm not as skinny as daisy, she's perfect. Pale fair complexion, beautiful baby blue shiny eyes, and pretty silky white hair, she's also pretty skinny..

I thought for a second, I put my hand towards the water button and chose it before putting my money in.

I shouldn't be eating chips anyway, I'm not even hungry anyway.

I grabbed my water from the Shute.

Well where do I go? I wasn't gonna go back and see Daisy flirting with my boyfriend. Why am I being so jealous?! She wasn't even flirting with him. It was just jealousy, jealousy.. I don't think I have been jealous since I dated my ex, and that was like 2 years ago.

I sighed, I was being so jealous.

I knew I wasn't as beautiful and popular as Daisy. I was a nobody, a music freak, and a quiet girl. Meanwhile Daisy was a beautiful and popular and on top of that she was the most desired girl of our school.

I was considered mid. I wasn't considered 'ugly' but I wasn't considered jaw dropping beautiful. I sighed and decided to go outside and sit on a bench in the small little garden outside our school. I sat down and opened my water bottle and took a small sip, my stomach growled.

I lied. I was actually starving, I was rushing out the door to meet Jake so, I didn't have breakfast. I dug into my backpack. I checked the time and realized school had already started 5 minutes ago.

"CRAP!"

I grabbed my bag and ran towards my first period class. I was running so fast I couldn't breathe, once I made it, I saw my English teacher. She wasn't too mean about arriving on time.

"Sorry ma'm."

I said, walking in.

It's okay, you're never usually late so it's okay!
She said happy and gleefully. I smiled, Mrs Brown was always kind towards her students. I sat down next to Luke, he was writing something down so he didn't talk to me for a few minutes.

"Oh hey Hailey! Why are you late?"

He asked softly, he seemed tired. I looked towards him, looking for an excuse.

"Oh the snack machine broke, a-and I had already paid so I had to wait for a janitor! Yeah.."

I said nervously. He nodded before the teacher shushed us.

Time skip to 5th period

꧁Third Person Point Of View꧂

It's 5th period which is Hailey's free period, it's also Jake's. Hailey's and Jake usually hung out together every day during their free period. Jake noticed Hailey left early when Daisy came into the club room. But thought she was just going the bathroom.
Jake noticed she wasn't at their usual spot. Jake looked around and saw her behind the garden shed, she was sitting with her headphones in. She was .. drawing or .. writing.?

Jake crept up and hugged her from behind.

"Boo~!" I smiled.
She jumped, "JAKE! You scared me!" She said to Jake, annoyed. Jake noticed how faint and tired Hailey looked.

"Hails. You look like you're about to pass out! Please eat something or aleast drink something!" He said, reaching his hand into his bag and grabbing a green Gatorade. He handed it to her and she sighed.

"Fine.." she mumbled, opening the Gatorade. Hailey took a small sip at first, somehow that Gatorade tasted soo good, despite not liking the green Gatorade flavor. She took more sips and Jake smiled at her.

"I'm glad your aleast drinking something but Hailey you been looking more faint. Can you at least eat something small?" Jake said looking at her worriedly, Hailey sighed.

"Jake don't worry, I just.. didn't get enough sleep last night and I had a big breakfast and I'm.. feeling a little sick from it." Hailey felt so bad for that lie. She hating lying to Jake.
"If you say so Hailey." Jake said before changing the subject to an artist he liked.
I loved to listen to him ramble. Even tho he can be idiotic, he is so charming.

He's so perfect.

I wish I was good enough for him.

————————————————-
Hope you enjoyed