17 - A text from his girl

Natasha's point of view:

"Good morning, Mrs Winslow." A lady said to me as I entered the kitchen.

"Good morning," I whispered to her.

"Congratulations on your marriage to Mr. Winslow." She cheered happily but I didn't return the vibe.

I sat on the chair.

"Thank you." 

"My name is Joseline and I am the new cook." She smiled.

"Okay," I said curtly, feeling uncomfortable.

"Why would you like to have breakfast?" She asked with a smile.

I fidgeted the Hem of my top with my hands nervously as I found it hard to reply to her.

The truth is that I don't eat food prepared by others except our cook at home, myself, my family members, and Mrs Winslow.

I wanted to ask her about the food she was going to make. But I feel somehow scared.

"What's wrong, Mrs Winslow?" She asked me as she faced me with pure curiosity.

"What do you want to make now?" I asked her.

"Scrambled egg with toast." She answered.

"Okay." It's not that bad.

I started helping her out in the kitchen which she didn't even oppose.

After cooking breakfast, she set up the table and I took my seat.

"So how did you guys meet?" She faced me.

"It was just an arranged marriage or forced marriage, I would say. We don't love each other like other couples." I explained freely to her.

"Oh! So the rumors are true?" She almost whispered to herself.

About?" I asked her.

"About you guys. You both have always been enemies since when you were young. And it is also known to the public about how Mr Xander has always been hating you since when you were younger and how he always turned down your love." She detailed

"Turned me down?" I squeezed my face in confusion.

"The news has it that you always liked him but he never reciprocated the feelings."

"That's a lie. A huge one, precisely. I have never liked Xander. And he had never liked me. I am sure someone must have made up that story," I declared in anger.

"Maybe." She said as if she didn't believe me.

"I swear, I am being serious," I said to her.

"But Miss Winslow announced that part." She said out loud.

"Miss Winslow who?" I asked her.

"Miss Amelia. The news has been circulating in the whole city." She replied.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked her in novelty.

"She had an interview and the interviewer asked her opinion on you and Mr Xander's relationship and she said it all." 

"Can I see the interview?" I asked her.

"Sure, it got over three million views in just four hours." She added.

She passed me her phone and I went straight to YouTube for the interview. She wasn't lying, the interview got 3.5 million views already.

This sly woman!

I pressed on the video and it started playing. The interview was mainly for her modeling job so I kept skipping those parts.

"What would you say about your brother's marriage? It was so quick to be true?" The interviewer asked her with a smile.

"My brother? Xander?" She asked the interviewer.

"Yes, everyone knows the relationship status of your brother in the whole of Arizona, so the news about his marriage to the unknown Austin's daughter was a shock to everyone. What do you have to say about that?" The interviewer asked her.

She chuckled before she answered.

"Natasha and Xander never got along since they were children. I was also shocked when I heard about the news. They didn't choose to get married, it was so obvious that the two fathers decided it....." She passed. "You know, Natasha and Xander never got along since childhood, Tina and Nats started hating on my brother after he rejected her proposal during elementary school so since then Natasha never liked my brother and vice versa so this marriage is for a purpose, I hope they get along and fall in love." She smiled after her lies.

This lady is a liar!

The case was the reverse. I never liked Xander for once in my life. He once confessed his feelings for me then later, he started showing pure hatred for me.

I don't know why she had to lie in her brother's favor. Maybe, Xander told her to do this so that he could be the cool guy.

I hissed and passed the phone back to her.

"She is lying," I whispered to myself and got up from the chair in anger.

"Where are you going, Miss Winslow?" Joseline asked me.

"I am going to my bedroom."

"But you haven't even touched your food." She complained.

"I am okay."

I have the childish habit of not eating anytime I am angry rather than speaking my mind out.

"Please have something," She begged.

"I am coming back." I rushed to my room and lay down on the bed.

What have I done to Amelia for her to be this villainous?

I have done absolutely nothing to her.

My phone chimed in and I picked it up from wherever it was to check the notification.

It was a message from an unknown source.

'Hello, I am Bailey. Xander's girlfriend before you got married to him. Can we meet?' The message says.

This is so absurd.

I locked my phone and changed my position.

My phone rang and I picked it up without checking the caller.

"Hey, sis." It was Tina.

"Hi," I said to her.

"Are you okay?" She asked me in concern. I know what she meant, she is referring to the interview.

"Yes, I am.

"Trust me, Amelia is a b***h and I am going to f**k her up when I see her. She lied! Did she lie without even imagining it? For what? Just for clout! She is so desperate. I am coming over right now. Send me your home address." She blabbered.

"I don't even know the address myself. You don't have to come. I am okay. I am not moved by it, especially when I know that she is lying." I said to her,

"Yet..."

"Don't stress yourself because of her. I want to take a nap, catch ya later." I hung up the phone and slept off like a log.

I woke up to the sound of endless notifications on my phone. I realized I had taken a long nap. I checked one of the notifications Tina's friend sent to me and it was a video, a video of Tina and Amelia cussing at each other in an open space.

What the fuck is this?

I couldn't even finish watching the video because it was so embarrassing.

Before the journey of Xander and I even begin, there is already chaos in the family.

♡ Please vote and drop comments ♡