-26- The beach

Natasha's point of view:

The meeting lasted almost two hours, and it was extremely boring to me. I kept yawning, sighing the whole time.

The restaurant owners came within minutes after Xander's threats and they apologized for their lateness. They escorted us to the meeting room which was small yet cozy.

The room was all painted white throughout with a ceiling, the huge frames of different delicacies hung against the walls.

There is a round shaped boardroom table at the center of the room with office chairs arranged with it.

They all had their seats including me and they stated the meeting immediately. I put my head against the table as I was uninterested in their business discussions. I didn't know when sleep took over me.

I felt a few gentle taps against my shoulder waking with Xander's voice telling me to wake up.

"Wake up," he said gently. I opened my eyelids and raised my eyes up.

"Hmmm," I said in my sleep tone.

"She looks cute," I heard a man say.

"You have a beautiful wife, Mr. Winslow," Another voice complimented.

"Thank you," he said as he tapped me again.

"I'm awake," I said to him. I feel so embarrassed right now.

"She must have found this meeting boring." The first voice said again.

I stood up but I stumbled back since I haven't regain my balance. Xander was quick to catch me by snaking his hand around my waist, pulling me to his board muscular chest.

"Ah!" I gasped in shock.

"Are you okay?" He asked me as he let go of my waist. I felt electrified throughout my body as the butterflies hidden in my belly exploded.

"I am good," I stammered as I composed myself.

"You guys are romantic." The man commented again.

Romantic, my foot!

Xander stretched his hand as he shook them all.

"Nice meeting you all." Xander said to them all.

"Same here, Mr. Winslow. Have a nice night ahead." The other man said with a huge smile on his face. We left the conference room after their pleasantries exchange.

He opened the door of the car for me and I got in. He closed the door on my side and walked to his side and entered the car as well. The pressed the start button and the car engine revved and he drove out of the parking lot.

The ride was silent as predicted, I leaned against the car door as I stared out of the window.

This isn't the route home.

Where is he taking me?

Is he going to kill me?

Is he tired of me that easily?

"This isn't the route to the house." I said out of curiosity.

"Are you afraid?" He chuckled lightly as he spared me a glance before his eyes were focused on the road again.

Of course, I am afraid. You are my enemy, have you forgotten?

"I am just being Curious," I said through my teeth.

He chuckled hard this time which resulted in the full appearance of his well dental white teeth.

He glanced at my side and our eyes met. I froze on my breath as our gaze met. I felt a knot in my belly. I quickly averted my gaze.